Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Great Britain's Future - post Brexit

Great Britain's Future - post Brexit

Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:33 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great Britain's Future - post Brexit

What now?

Will immigrant workers be lining up for work visas? Will working Brits abroad EU, have to go get blue cards.? Will the pound recover, will the rest of Europe follow.

We will see. But the public have voted and the U.K. Is now Great again. Or is it Lol

What we do know is Cameron is guna need a new job soon :@(
Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:43 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Great Britain's Future - post Brexit

I honestly don't know what to think except I have noticed that on social media everyone seems to have strong opinions, in or out. I guess that really everyone wants a good outcome from the UK so they agree on the destination.....
Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:45 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Telegraph explains some consequences

EU Facts: What does leaving the EU mean for expats?
Old Jun 24th 2016, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest thing for me was the huge generational divide. I can see a lot of young Brits (35 and under) opting to leave the UK for Europe or elsewhere. I have noticed there had been a lot of 'want to move to Canada' post from young brits on the forum. I am expecting this to increase in the next few days.

I honestly believe the UK has taken a huge step back.
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Telegraph explains some consequences

EU Facts: What does leaving the EU mean for expats?�
They don't know. Every paragraph starts with a variation of "might" or "could".

This is a vote by people who don't have to bear the consequences against the interests of those who do and it's being celebrated by those who are already far away; none of whom know what the consequences actually are.

Thatcher's generation seem infected by her spite and are visiting it upon the youth of today.

“The younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied. Freedom of movement was taken away by our parents, uncles and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of its predecessors.”

Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed that there is no post on the UK forum about this today, at all
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Howefamily
I have noticed that there is no post on the UK forum about this today, at all
Still stunned and shocked
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33

This is a vote by people who don't have to bear the consequences against the interests of those who do and it's being celebrated by those who are already far away; none of whom know what the consequences actually are.

Thatcher's generation seem infected by her spite and are visiting it upon the youth of today.

“The younger generation has lost the right to live and work in 27 other countries. We will never know the full extent of lost opportunities, friendships, marriages and experiences we will be denied. Freedom of movement was taken away by our parents, uncles and grandparents in a parting blow to a generation that was already drowning in the debts of its predecessors.”

https://twitter.com/AD7863/status/746250306242154497
Absolutely agree and especially with point 3. We now seem to have moved from the age of enlightenment to the age of ignorance.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Turkeys have just voted for Christmas.

The Law of Unintended Consequences has already started to apply.

I wonder how many 'protest voters' woke up this morning and regretted what they had done?

The younger generation have been sold down the river by the over 50s and particularly the pensioners.

The majority of people who have only lived in the EU voted to keep it. Those with senile dementia and higher racist tendencies voted to leave.

Maybe David Cameron should reduce the state pension and use the money to increase child benefit as his last hurrah....

Now to join the Conservative Party to see if that gives me the right to try and end Boris's political career....

Last edited by withabix; Jun 24th 2016 at 2:38 pm.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:53 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix
Turkeys have just voted for Christmas
They sure have...

Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Now to join the Conservative Party to see if that gives me the right to try and end Boris's political career....

It does.

Could be the best 25 quid I ever spent....
Old Jun 24th 2016, 2:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

One banking group already moving some 2000 staff to an EU country.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

One of the best quotes I saw was from Noel Gallagher:

"Do I think we should leave? I don't think we should be given a vote. I see politicians on TV every night telling us that this is a ****ing momentous decision that could ****ing change Britain forever and blah, blah, blah.

It's like, okay, why don't you ****ing do what we pay you to do which is run the ****ing country and make your ****ing mind up?

"What are you asking the people for? 99 per cent of the people are thick as pig shit."
Old Jun 24th 2016, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of people who have only lived in the EU voted to keep it.
Well, duh. The old fogies remember what Britain was like before the EU, and want it back. The youngsters never knew it, and have been fed pro-EU propaganda all their lives.

The one thing this vote really demonstrates is how much the left hate democracy (not to mention the 'uneducated' working class). It's great so long as people vote their way, but should be ignored whenever anyone votes wrong.
Old Jun 24th 2016, 3:11 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33

https://twitter.com/AD7863/status/746250306242154497
I'm gutted; partly for Wales who just shot itself in the foot but mostly for the lost opportunities for my children..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.