Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Google moving to Toronto

Google moving to Toronto

Old Oct 22nd 2017, 10:56 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Google moving to Toronto

Originally Posted by dbd33
As someone who sells eggs, I rather resent the suggestion that the activity is inferior. I see myself as being differently empowered.
Ah did I imply it was inferior. That wasn't my intention. The egg selling is a solitary endeavour. No chums no conversation, just sitting all alone with the eggs The animal sellers have chums and wander around . Maybe the egg sellers are not gregarious by nature but I can't help noticing a male female divide there
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
The ducks have heard about people like dbd selling their kids from underneath them!!
The ducks will be finding themselves in the freezer if they don't buck their ideas up.
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
The ducks will be finding themselves in the freezer if they don't buck their ideas up.
Might have to set my animal activist friends on to you!
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:27 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
A friend of mine is a former Mennonite - he went off for his Rumspringa and decided not to return to his home community, although he is still closely connected to his extended family and acts, in effect, as the Toronto sales agent for their furniture business. He is fascinating to talk to on the subject of Mennonite culture, work ethic, the apprenticeship to craft skills, and so on. He lives with his (non-Mennonite) wife and family in deepest suburbia, and drives a grey Honda.

It's just occurred to me that I have no idea if he can also drive a buggy. I'll have to ask next time we meet...
A grey Honda? He could have at least got black! And with DBD's guy surfing the internet, things seem to be coming undone in Mennonite land.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 12:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
A grey Honda? He could have at least got black! And with DBD's guy surfing the internet, things seem to be coming undone in Mennonite land.
Nah, we passed several kids on bikes last night, all dressed to be in a Hovis advert.