Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Mar 19th 2018, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Just started watching "The Looming Tower" on Amazon Prime. Dramatisation of the events prior to 9/11 and infighting between FBI & CIA. Two ep's in it's pretty good.

Later this month, looking forward to Season 3 of "Billion's" (S1 & 2 on Crave TV), which is entertaining stuff and then of course next month, the best SciFi series pretty much ever returns - "The Expanse".
I am now 5 in and loving it! I wish they had released the whole first season in one go
Old Mar 19th 2018, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know if this was mentioned

Save Me

Stars Lennie James
Suranne Jones
Stephen Graham
Jason Flemying

The series stars James as Nelson "Nelly" Rowe, a down-and-out whose life is turned upside down when Jody, the estranged daughter he fathered thirteen years ago, mysteriously disappears.

All of episode one is available via download on sky box sets
Season one was brilliant and there will be a second season
Old Mar 24th 2018, 2:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Middle of Shetland (4) on iPlayer
Finished. Some superb acting from a couple of the women.

You know how sometimes you're emotional and the words don't come out first time because you couldn't swallow properly or your breathing was off and the words were strangled at best so you have to say it again....

How the hell do you do that when acting?

Spoiler:
The Norwegian cop was so obviously a dodgy character right from the start.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 12:51 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

New series of the incredibly tasteless, tacky and wonderful Benidorm.

Started new season of Homeland tonight. Shard, you still watching?
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:02 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

New series of the incredibly tasteless, tacky and wonderful Benidorm.

Started new season of Homeland tonight. Shard, you still watching?
I certainly am! I don't watch much TV, but Homeland is a show I really enjoy. It's on Sunday nights here, which is a nice end to the weekend.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:30 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
I certainly am! I don't watch much TV, but Homeland is a show I really enjoy. It's on Sunday nights here, which is a nice end to the weekend.
Yes, it's still quite enjoyable. I just did the second episode.

In this age of binge watching availability I now find it quite hard to watch episodes of anything a week apart so I tend to let stuff I expect to watch build up and spread my viewing out.

Homeland has quite a good recap so that one's not too bad.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 2:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Collateral is now on Netflix, as a Limited Series? I suppose it's on for a short time? I binge watched it this weekend, and might do the same next weekend too, as it's well worth a repeat. Well worth the watch and highly enjoyable...made me forget the weather!
We've watched 2 and I find it quite good. Is it limited in terms of availabilty or # of episodes. One of the actors from Coupling is in it.

The pizza place reminded me of this place.

https://goo.gl/maps/7skDCmMe6yr

Nos pizzas

Price stayed the same from at least 2008 to 2016. 5 euros for a pizza that feeds 2 and you get thrown in either a beer (crap french lager in a 25 cl bottle..more than enough) or bottled water (usually given to ladies only by the exclusively male staff), cash only, delivery on motorcyle, endless list of topping all for the 5 euro price, staff constantly changing and on the side the staff sell cars from a lock up type garage and the cars are usually Mercedes etc. Our daughter ate there I think twice a week when she was a student nearby and she let them know when she was heading back to Canada so they made a special canadian pizza for her with lots of bacon.

I'm not aware if they did a special pizza if you asked for special sauce or whatever the code word was for the drug delivery.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 1:32 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
I'm not aware if they did a special pizza if you asked for special sauce or whatever the code word was for the drug delivery.
Special topping I believe.

When I watched, I was waiting for Billie Piper to appear not realising she already had.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Special topping I believe.

When I watched, I was waiting for Billie Piper to appear not realising she already had.
Billie Piper is not a stellar actress IMHO.
Old Mar 25th 2018, 6:06 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Billie Piper is not a stellar actress IMHO.
Maybe not but her character was such a really annoying cow, I didn't realise it was her.

I have always believed, though, that if a character is really annoying and the actor's other roles (or the actor themselves) have not annoyed me, then they must be pretty good at acting at least in the annoying role.
Old Apr 2nd 2018, 11:47 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anything to watch on Metflix or Crave TV that isn't gloom and doom, or have gruesome violence?
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:04 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Shard
I've done to part 6 so far. It's been far and away better than the last two seasons and maybe even the one before that.

So topical too.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 1:16 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by bats
Is there anything to watch on Metflix or Crave TV that isn't gloom and doom, or have gruesome violence?
Netflix - London Spy. The earlier Shetland seasons. Intelligence.

And good for a laugh Norsemen.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 9:22 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

I might have said upthread? Seven Seconds. Absolutely brilliant. Good acting. An ending that took my breath away, but that was the only ending that was feasible.

Well worth the watch. Not overly violent and not of that grey suck the life out of you sort either. Sad? Yes, but only like life can be.
Old Apr 3rd 2018, 10:35 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by MillieF
I might have said upthread? Seven Seconds.
Based on a Russian movie, apparently, The Major.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.