Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

I am rewatching Beck on BBC4. Swedish drama.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Season 2 of Dr Foster now on Netflix. Final episode of the series just finished on BBC and was on Iplayer.
Just finished watching season 2 if that.... a lot of critics panned it, I still enjoyed it it though. I dont tend to pay a lot of attention to professional critics, their reviews never seem to hold any water. Id rather listen to what a friend had to say about it....or 'normal' people's reviews.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 10:28 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul_Shepherd
Just finished watching season 2 if that.... a lot of critics panned it, I still enjoyed it it though. I dont tend to pay a lot of attention to professional critics, their reviews never seem to hold any water. Id rather listen to what a friend had to say about it....or 'normal' people's reviews.
I've just finished it too. I enjoyed it in spite of getting that ominous feeling that something awful was going to happen, which of course it did. What awful people they were. The child was the only decent one among them all.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I've just finished it too. I enjoyed it in spite of getting that ominous feeling that something awful was going to happen, which of course it did. What awful people they were. The child was the only decent one among them all.
Yes there was a very ominous feeling of something bad looming towards the end.

In the first series I really felt for her......especially when she attempted suicide, her life was in ruins, but she managed to turn it around and move on. However in the second series she let the hatred consume her and she was just as bad as him! The child was the only decent one....no wonder he hoofed it out of there!
Old Nov 5th 2017, 1:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Another Icelandic murder series. The Lava Field from 2014. As good as the other stuff and on Netflix.
Old Nov 5th 2017, 9:50 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Another Icelandic murder series. The Lava Field from 2014. As good as the other stuff and on Netflix.
Thank you I will definitely give it a try...I rather like the brooding Icelandic ones...

I have just watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, "What We Did On Our Holidays" on Netflix, which is a 2014 film, which I hadn't heard of. It has Billy Connoly and David Tennant and a host of other favorites and is Great British comedy at its most wry and gentle best. I normally steer clear of comedies with children but this one was funny, a good family film with no bad language or sex and the sort of scenery that makes me wonder why the hell I'm living in chilly Canada and not the warmer Highlands. Enjoy
Old Nov 5th 2017, 10:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I have just watched, and thoroughly enjoyed, "What We Did On Our Holidays" ..
Yes, I noticed that was on Netflix and I remember it was really good. Very British and very classy. I don't know how they achieved that without Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith etc
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished watching Country Council. It shows what council does in areas such as Argyle, Bute, Dunoon ie remote areas in Scotland. Loved the landscape..
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:28 am
Oscar nominated

I'm watching "The Sinner"...just done part 4 of 8.

Looking for a reason for odd behaviour but most of the cast are a little odd anyway.
Old Nov 19th 2017, 1:13 am
Oscar nominated

Sinner completed.

Good to see Peaky Blinders return. Watched S4 ep1 on iPlayer tonight and then followed with first part of documentary Drugsland featuring Bristol.
Old Nov 20th 2017, 10:25 pm
Oscar nominated

I can't find Peaky Blinders...it's not on Canadian Netflix perhaps?
I see on Netflix we now have Peaky Blinders I immediately thought of Bristol. I shall save it up like a special sweetie, to enjoy when the weather turns
Good to see Peaky Blinders return. Watched S4 ep1 on iPlayer tonight and then followed with first part of documentary Drugsland featuring Bristol.
Just to remind you now the weather has turned Millie...Netflix has first three seasons, series 4 on iPlayer.
Old Nov 23rd 2017, 11:22 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The new Mary Berry programme is very good, she is visiting country houses, doing a little cooking but also finding out about the history of the house and the families that own it. First of the Series was Highclere House, much better known to TV fans as Downton Abbey, the interior shots show it looking so much like the YV programme, although the kitchen scenes were shot in the studio, the Highclere kitchens are very modern so would have been unable to be used.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 2:15 am
Oscar nominated

Peaky bleeping Blinders.
The excellence has been maintained into the fourth series. Adrien Brody is wonderfully over the top like so many of the characters.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first season of Man Down on Netflix last night. Was really quite good.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Peaky bleeping Blinders.
The excellence has been maintained into the fourth series. Adrien Brody is wonderfully over the top like so many of the characters.
Season 4 comes to Netflix Canada on December 21.

I'm slowly making my way through a bit of an oldie. Mad Men...a wholesome clean cut look at the advertising world of the 60's when people didn't smoke/drink/cheat on spouses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.