Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old Feb 12th 2016, 2:13 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Tootlepootle
That sounds like a dodgy peep show!!!!!!!
So it was you!
Old Feb 12th 2016, 6:23 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Archer - Animated (adult) spy spoof. A mashup of James Bond & The Office with styling by Mad Men. Series 1-6 on Netflix & series 7 drops next month.

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Feb 12th 2016 at 6:26 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:07 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Archer - Animated (adult) spy spoof. A mashup of James Bond & The Office with styling by Mad Men. Series 1-6 on Netflix & series 7 drops next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsYGHlnPYCk
Thanks for the recommendation- I have seen this on Netflix and just moved on. It is very different. I've tried the pilot- still unsure- I will see if it grows on me
Old Feb 13th 2016, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Oink, I am Binge watching all sorts of delights on iplayer, if i get nightmares from too much Silent Witness I'm going to hunt him down!
Old Feb 13th 2016, 7:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen the first two episodes of Spin (Les Hommes de l'ombre) and it's a thumbs up so far.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 7:40 pm
I need a walk

Watching Dads Army on BBC2, original series- Pike dropping his hundreds-and-thousands on the ground -polystyrene rubble- love it We're doomed!

Just read a useless fact- Arnold Ridley who played Godfrey was the Great-uncle of Daisy Ridley, Rey in Star Wars

Just watched the beginning of Casualty- it has been around for 29 years! Charlie Fairhead is still in it and just as wooden in his acting as he was at the beginning. I rapidly got bored

Sadly Snoop seems mesmerized and is watching until the bitter end

Last edited by Stinkypup; Feb 13th 2016 at 8:58 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:55 am
I need a walk

Some people will hate my suggestion I suppose but I just watched the documentary "AMY" on Netflix about Amy Winehouse. She was such an immense talent with such massive demons of eating disorders/alcohol dependence/drug addiction and comorbid depression/anxiety. She had all the money that she needed to try and help a clearly lost soul and entourage and"support" around her but this wasn't enough.

I have to say Blake Fielder took her down into the depths with no conscience and her father........I am shocked about his attitude about her health and his cash cow attitude. Her musical talent was amazing but as often happens, this talent often gets snuffed out so young. Watch it- 2 hours , it is powerful, even though we know the story it certainly gets to you .. Strongly recommended

Last edited by Stinkypup; Feb 19th 2016 at 7:24 am.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 11:08 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Some people will hate my suggestion I suppose
dbd's a fan, I believe.

These days I just prefer to be entertained. Something serious has to be really special to get my attention.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:00 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Some people will hate my suggestion I suppose but I just watched the documentary "AMY" on Netflix about Amy Winehouse. She was such an immense talent with such massive demons of eating disorders/alcohol dependence/drug addiction and comorbid depression/anxiety. She had all the money that she needed to try and help a clearly lost soul and entourage and"support" around her but this wasn't enough.

I have to say Blake Fielder took her down into the depths with no conscience and her father........I am shocked about his attitude about her health and his cash cow attitude. Her musical talent was amazing but as often happens, this talent often gets snuffed out so young. Watch it- 2 hours , it is powerful, even though we know the story it certainly gets to you .. Strongly recommended
I watched that a few days ago too. Excellent documentary, watching her in the old home videos and the progression through to that last gig inSerbia. She was so sweet with Deam Martin, her loyal old school friends, useless parents. Leeching husband. Very powerful, I felt bereft at the end.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

I have been watching 'Occupied' on Netflix. Its Norwegian but after a while you don't notice the subtitles.

Also 'The Returned' which is in French, hoping they will upload the second series to Netflix soon.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 11:33 pm
Oscar nominated

I just discovered the long running House of Lies with Don Cheadle and Kristen Bell.

I've always been a sucker for stuff that breaks the fourth wall and Cheadle is very good at it. I love the look he gives us, the viewers.

Rather like Kevin Spacey in another House of.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 1:32 am
Oscar nominated

Star Trek.

There have been some fan based productions. One in the early 2000s called Star Trek Phase Two. I watched a bit of one and was unimpressed.

But just a couple of years ago there were some made as Star Trek Continues. It really is like watching originals.

The guy who plays Kirk, while not doing a verbal impression, has him off to a T, even down to pushing the intercom button with the side of his fist.

The one playing Bones wasn't too good, but I think a different guy plays him later. I've seen two episodes so far. Oh, and James Doohan's son plays Scotty which is a nice touch.

Old Feb 23rd 2016, 1:24 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Rather like Kevin Spacey in another House of.
FU is back in a couple of weeks AFAIK...

Last edited by Atlantic Xpat; Feb 23rd 2016 at 2:33 pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 1:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

The Night Manager was pretty good, plus unlike a lot of those northern dramas you could understand what they were saying.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:28 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
FU is back in a couple of weeks IMHO....
Yay. Not sure how much more they can get out of it but I see there already plans for a 5th season for 2017.

Originally Posted by Oink
The Night Manager was pretty good, plus unlike a lot of those northern dramas you could understand what they were saying.
Part one already downloaded.
I'm assuming it's good with a whisky and 7up.

Good pairings:
Fish and chips
Beer and crisps/peanuts
Coffee and newspaper
Whisky/7up (sprite) and spy/political drama

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.