Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Old May 9th 2016, 1:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goggle box- anything worth watching on TV?

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I'm going to try Dr Foster to see if there are some GP tips to learn
Do you need tips for stepping in puddles up to your middle in Gloucester?
Old May 9th 2016, 2:30 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Do you need tips for stepping in puddles up to your middle in Gloucester?
Only if there is a shower of rain
Old May 10th 2016, 12:52 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

feeling disappointed in the last episode of The Good Wife
Old May 10th 2016, 1:15 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
This is a handy collection of programmes which may well be quite good and worth trying. I'm going to try Dr Foster to see if there are some GP tips to learn

Bafta TV Awards 2016: the full list of winners�
I just watched Dr. Foster recently and thought it was jolly good, nice twists and turns. Yeah...Go Us Girls! ....I didn't realize that being a GP was quite so easy Stinky! It evidently leaves one lots of times for all sorts of shenanigans! - at least on Dr. Foster

I'm now watching The Paradise, which I think is old, but from the Beeb, on the advice of my son, as it's from a book by Zola, but is set in Northern England/ Scotland and seems a good historic costume romp.
Old May 10th 2016, 1:23 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
I just watched Dr. Foster recently and thought it was jolly good, nice twists and turns. Yeah...Go Us Girls! ....I didn't realize that being a GP was quite so easy Stinky! It evidently leaves one lots of times for all sorts of shenanigans! - at least on Dr. Foster

I'm now watching The Paradise, which I think is old, but from the Beeb, on the advice of my son, as it's from a book by Zola, but is set in Northern England/ Scotland and seems a good historic costume romp.
Cheers Millie I must be doing something wrong- I'm going to pick up some handy hints. Not about the GP stuff, I'm more interested in the shenanigans
Old May 10th 2016, 1:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dr Foster is good...but the last episode is disappointing.

The third series of Line Of Duty is excellent...as was the previous two series.

Marcella...is currently being shown in the UK. So far...so good.
Old May 10th 2016, 1:32 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The third series of Line Of Duty is excellent...as was the previous two series.
Old May 12th 2016, 3:08 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by MillieF

Well, I just watched Dr Foster as well- good acting, especially Suranne Jones if somewhat implausible plot. I thought that the other GPs acting was poor, maybe it was the parts they played. Without spoilers, the way everyone behaved, as a GP, as partners in the practice, loyal lack of confidentiality was beyond belief. Maybe I was biased having worked in the UK as a GP- GMC would have struck me off!
Old May 12th 2016, 12:40 pm
Oscar nominated

Back on Line of Duty, I watched the last part of the third series yesterday.

According to the Guardian review, the interview scene ran for 23 minutes. Phenomenal but it didn't seem like it at all. I've only just realised the episode ran an extra 30 minutes too. I had no idea.

I can't remember seeing something where so much was conveyed by the slightest eye movement of the characters. Brilliant TV.

I want to re-watch from the first series now. But there are so many other things to catch up on.
Old May 12th 2016, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Back on Line of Duty, I watched the last part of the third series yesterday.

According to the Guardian review, the interview scene ran for 23 minutes. Phenomenal but it didn't seem like it at all. I've only just realised the episode ran an extra 30 minutes too. I had no idea.

I can't remember seeing something where so much was conveyed by the slightest eye movement of the characters. Brilliant TV.

I want to re-watch from the first series now. But there are so many other things to catch up on.
I had to re-watch the 1st and 2nd series before I watched the 3rd. I couldn't remember some of the previous plots and characters.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:17 pm
Oscar nominated

I had to re-watch the 1st and 2nd series before I watched the 3rd. I couldn't remember some of the previous plots and characters.
I did find myself not remembering whether LD had some redeeming qualities but I had some vague recollection of her being a bit of a psychopath in the previous series. Something in her flat or the one next door?

I want to take another look at Between the Lines too if you remember that.
Old May 12th 2016, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I did find myself not remembering whether LD had some redeeming qualities but I had some vague recollection of her being a bit of a psychopath in the previous series. Something in her flat or the one next door?

I want to take another look at Between the Lines too if you remember that.
Although the title was familiar I couldn't remember it...so I looked it up. 3 series...1992/1993/1994...no wonder I couldn't remember it.
Old May 12th 2016, 4:50 pm
Oscar nominated

Although the title was familiar I couldn't remember it...so I looked it up. 3 series...1992/1993/1994...no wonder I couldn't remember it.

That's less than half a lifetime ago.

More recent than I thought.
Old May 12th 2016, 5:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That's less than half a lifetime ago.

More recent than I thought.
Old May 16th 2016, 11:39 am
Oscar nominated

Finally got around to re-watching the brilliant Aussie TV series Vietnam with a very young Nicole Kidman and the beautiful music of Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major.

Watched the first couple of episodes last night.

I was hooked when it was first shown back in the 80s.

OMG- one of the characters served dinner in 1965 in a pot near identical to one we have.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.