Reload this Page >

Free Fax Service to UK

Free Fax Service to UK

Old Mar 12th 2018, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

khan200us is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Free Fax Service to UK

Hi
I am looking for a free fax service to UK fax numbers using the internet. There are countless website services or mobile apps that offer free faxes to the USA and Canada but never found one for the UK. If somebody knows about one, please inform.
Cheers
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:33 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free Fax Service to UK

Do you have a windows compute?

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

If you have a microsoft of google account:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/send...rldwide/27105/
HelloFax, the online fax company, has recently partnered with Microsoft and now lets you send up to 50 pages per month to any fax machine in the world for free. All your need is a web browser and a Microsoft account (your Hotmail or Windows Live ID should also work).
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, go to hellofax.com/googledrive and use your Google Account to sign-up for HelloFax. You will still get credit for sending up to 50 faxes per month for free for a maximum of 6 months.
Last resort?
Buy one of these - though you will likely have to pay for the call https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...10395631.aspx?

There are many online companies that will charge you $1.10 a page for international faxes, so that may be an option if none of the others works for you.

Old Mar 12th 2018, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any reason why you can't scan and email it?
Old Mar 12th 2018, 11:14 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Email hasn't been invented yet.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 11:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Daft as it sounds there are still those that insist on receiving a fax.

Two years ago, to release a tenant's deposit I had to fill in the form and mail it off. To release the deposit more speedily required a fax of the form.

There was no email procedure, no online form on the Province website (although there is for other things) and no attachments allowed.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Speaking of things being behind the times I was in downtown Hamilton yesterday and saw a Toby's Good Eats restaurant. I hadn't seen one of those in 25 + years. I thought they had gone the way of O'Toole's, Frank Vetere's Pizza, Mother's Restaurant, Ponderosa.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

I have to send Lloyds bank the form of address change. They say that they do not accept email. They need the document either by regular mail or through fax. I hope that makes sense.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Do you have a windows compute?

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

If you have a microsoft of google account:

https://www.labnol.org/internet/send...rldwide/27105/
HelloFax, the online fax company, has recently partnered with Microsoft and now lets you send up to 50 pages per month to any fax machine in the world for free. All your need is a web browser and a Microsoft account (your Hotmail or Windows Live ID should also work).
If you don’t have a Microsoft account, go to hellofax.com/googledrive and use your Google Account to sign-up for HelloFax. You will still get credit for sending up to 50 faxes per month for free for a maximum of 6 months.
Last resort?
Buy one of these - though you will likely have to pay for the call https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...10395631.aspx?

There are many online companies that will charge you $1.10 a page for international faxes, so that may be an option if none of the others works for you.

Thank you so much for this information. I do have a printer with fax facility but I do not have a landline connection (I just use mobile), so cannot avail the fax option.I send a lot of faxes in Canada using free fax services available easily online.Thought somebody could suggest the same service for the UK.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 8:28 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khan200us
I have to send Lloyds bank the form of address change. They say that they do not accept email. They need the document either by regular mail or through fax. I hope that makes sense.
Yes it does, email isn't classed as being secure for any legal stuff so a fax is required, e mail can be tampered with fax not so easy.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 11:15 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Yes it does, email isn't classed as being secure for any legal stuff so a fax is required, e mail can be tampered with fax not so easy.
I think there are a few inconsistencies with this stuff.

I said above that this province insisted on a particular document by fax or snail mail only, not attached by email. But in other situations I know they accept an online form. Typing one's name apparently counts as a signature but this online form requires no log in, no registered account, nothing of any sort. That seems less secure than an email.

Legal stuff relating to property purchase/sale - the same Province - a few years ago was done by attachment to email, print, sign, scan and attach to email response and, more recently, by some sort of web resource that while one could have an account registered, one didn't need to. It was just click a link in an email, check as appropriate, type initials and respond to the email.

Of course, this is Canada not the UK but many years ago when I was working in DWP, some forms had to be faxed to a central office for immediate processing. I came across one that hadn't been signed and the person had left the office to return later in the day. He couldn't be contacted.

Rather than waste everyone's time I happened to have another document that was signed by him. I photocopied it, cut out his copied signature, stuck it in the appropriate place on the unsigned form, copied that and then faxed the photocopy.

One forged signature by "secure" fax.