Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

First trip back to the UK - what a dump!

First trip back to the UK - what a dump!

Old Feb 29th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

FirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really niceFirstRatofftheShipUK is just really nice
Default Re: First trip back to the UK - what a dump!

Originally Posted by dbd33
I've been to Wasaga. I love Wasaga. It's tawdry, it's white-trash; small engined cars with muscle car pretensions, buckets of bleach, lip pout injections, mountains of silicone, it makes Lake Havasu City seem refined.
This sounds so familiar to me but from where....[tap,tap of pencil].
That's right, The only way is Essex!

FROTSUK
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FirstRatofftheShipUK
This sounds so familiar to me but from where....[tap,tap of pencil].
That's right, The only way is Essex!

FROTSUK
Indeed. Rank with Amy Child clones, Wasaga.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:14 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JimandBettina
That's rubbish and just confirms my suspicion that you have a massive chip on your shoulder about the UK. I lived in Hereford for many years and the music scene is good - you can see a band play practically every night of the week. Granted it is not the size of Toronto but that makes it better.

And as for things to do - OMG - have you lived in a bubble in the UK. We have culture, which is absent in Canada. There are many more things to do in the UK for all ages and tastes than in Canada, where I find many things very twee. Although the vineyards of Niagara are fantastic, what a dump Niagara Falls are for example.

As for the attitude in UK, you will never understand us if you are not from there. British people are down to Earth, honest and possess a fantastic sense of humour. This contrasts with what I find is a very shallow USA-lite, scattered with liberal twinkles attitude of most Canadians. I have some great Canadian friends but there is not much 'banter' or piss-taking going on.

I invited an important member of society with his wife to my house in ONT for dinner - very respected in the area. He turned up alone, totally high on some drug or other, drank all our wine and took a piss against our outside wall ??? His dinner conversation was very shallow and it has made us very cautious about picking who we have for dinner.

Just up the bay, we have Wasaga Beach, which in itself is Blackpool-lite. At times during holidays it s full of drunken, drugged up Canadian Yoof (sic) who are very loud and brazen - to a Brit like me they are gobby Can-Chavs.

What I'm saying is that firstly you can never understand a culture as an outsider and secondly that there is a good and bad everywhere. You need to take off your rose coloured specs!

Ta!
Jim
That gets exported.

You should see Canadian yoofs on vacation down south (generally anglo). Pissed-up, obscene, aggressive and heavily tattooed. That's just the girls.

Some resorts in the Carib have actually banned groups of Cdn yoofs from booking.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:34 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
That gets exported.

You should see Canadian yoofs on vacation down south (generally anglo). Pissed-up, obscene, aggressive and heavily tattooed. That's just the girls.

Some resorts in the Carib have actually banned groups of Cdn yoofs from booking.
Omg

Are these the same kids who stay kids for long time?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:52 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Omg

Yep.. except now they're referred to as immature………
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:47 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Omg

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

bigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nicebigals is just really nice

Originally Posted by teacher1000
I am sure there are plenty of people who the feel the same way as I do about England that are actually over here, living here, NOW.
Oh, and to whoever said I was tired last night, no, I really think you should do some research on the bbc, and then when you find out that it's run by puppets on a string then you can get back to me and apologise.
If you read any independant news here, or can be arsed to read the gaurdian (one of the left winged newspapers), you would realise that the news you get, isn't the entire story.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC for example.
while i'm here, maybe you should also look at:
http://www.monbiot.com/

Anyways, I want to move to Canada, this is my wish. I have special LOVE for the country because I am FROM Canada. I lived there for 25 years and it's my home. I came to this thread, to state why I feel that Britian is not a very good place to be at the moment, and if you've not lived there in 3 years time, you haven't seen the changes, and therefore shouldn't really comment.
I've lived in both countries for a considerable amount of time, and i have voted in both. I prefer Canada, and that should be the end of it. I'm not out to Flame people on the internet (unless provoked) but it does make me angry that so many people can say things like "Canadians are Boring" "Canadians don't understand irony" etc...You people are generalising. At least I can back my claims of Britian being worse than Canada at the moment with Facts.
Go and read the 2012 outlook on the royal banks website. Looks like more growth for Canada. Go read the statistics for unemployment and you'll see, things will get better for Canada. How about UK. WORSE. They are IN austerity measures for the next 10 years.
If you have not lived here in 4 years time,you have not seen the changes so therefore you have no idea what you are talking about!!!!!!