Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Everyone's gone to the movies

Everyone's gone to the movies

Old Mar 20th 2016, 6:23 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everyone's gone to the movies

I watched about 45 mins of that movie. Didnt care for it but wife liked it.

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Sisters
Some funny bits but not rib splitting- Fay/Poehler are ok, I prefer Amy Schumer
Old Mar 20th 2016, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Brooklyn the other night. Fairly decent movie although predictable ending for me.

Watched the Big Short last night. Interesting but a little hard to follow at times.
Old Mar 20th 2016, 6:59 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Watched Brooklyn the other night. Fairly decent movie although predictable ending for me.

Watched the Big Short last night. Interesting but a little hard to follow at times.
I enjoyed Brooklyn the ending was a little simplistic, there would have been more consequences. Still it was very pleasant viewing

We watched True Grit last night, the Coen Brothers version and it was excellent.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 4:12 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Krampus

Quite an enjoyable Chritmas time comedy horror romp- I was trying to think what I could liken it to. A Christmas version of Chuckie meets Tremors meets The Evil Dead thrown in to scare the bad girls and boys. And why not?

It's a

Last edited by Stinkypup; Mar 21st 2016 at 4:31 am.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 5:37 am
Account Closed

I watched one of the dumbest movies ever on netflix today. Mostly out of curiosity since it had 1 star..... Hot Bot.. Oh how can some of these movies get made?

Didnt have any super stars in it, but did have some recognizable actors which I wasnt expecting but I guess if an actor a job os a job.

I dont reccomend it unless you just want to waste some time.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 6:47 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

I watched one of the dumbest movies ever on netflix today. Mostly out of curiosity since it had 1 star..... Hot Bot.. Oh how can some of these movies get made?

Didnt have any super stars in it, but did have some recognizable actors which I wasnt expecting but I guess if an actor a job os a job.

I dont reccomend it unless you just want to waste some time.
I think that the clue was in the title JS - what were you expecting? You naughty little scamp!

Meanwhile I watched The Visit- a thriller with a smidge of horror - some use of video footage but not loads- yep- I reckon another
Old Mar 21st 2016, 6:59 am
Account Closed

I knew it would be dumb but it was dumber then I could ever thought it could be... Lol

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I think that the clue was in the title JS - what were you expecting? You naughty little scamp!

Meanwhile I watched The Visit- a thriller with a smidge of horror - some use of video footage but not loads- yep- I reckon another
Old Mar 21st 2016, 7:24 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how you can watch so many films. I get terribly bored and they rarely hold my attention. Even the few times I took HID to the pictures when we first started dating, I invariably got up halfway through and went and played video games in the lobby.
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:08 pm
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Oink
I don't know how you can watch so many films. I get terribly bored and they rarely hold my attention. Even the few times I took HID to the pictures when we first started dating, I invariably got up halfway through and went and played video games in the lobby.
Dual Monitors -I usually have say a film on one screen whilst working on the other screen- simples Who says boys cant multitask?
Old Mar 21st 2016, 10:16 pm
Account Closed

I surf the net on the phone, walk around and so onm I cannot sit straight through a movie and why I avoid theaters. I get anxious and want to leave 45 minutes into the movie...lol

If I take the fancy medication the doctor prescribed to keep me focused then I can no issie but then I cant sleep so I rarely use the med. Its prescribed as needed and not daily.

Originally Posted by Oink
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:02 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I surf the net on the phone, walk around and so onm I cannot sit straight through a movie and why I avoid theaters. I get anxious and want to leave 45 minutes into the movie...lol

If I take the fancy medication the doctor prescribed to keep me focused then I can no issie but then I cant sleep so I rarely use the med. Its prescribed as needed and not daily.
Our local cinema has thoughtfully put a proper bar in it, so I'll take HID there, then if the film is rubbish, I'll just wait for her while having a few cheeky pints.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 12:11 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Twin Peaks: The Missing Pieces.

Deleted or extended scenes from Fire Walk With Me.

I think it would have been a better idea to have released a "director's cut" rather than just missing scenes. A couple were simply stunning but it's so long ago since I saw either the series or 'Fire' that there really was no context.

I had zero recollection of David Bowie's character speaking with that American voice.

Looking forward to the new series next year.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 10:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I gave up on it. I find it very difficult watching things that have jerky and jumpy camera movements.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:31 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Great film the big short and a true story

Watched "Remember" last night, starring Christopher Plummer, what a great film that was. And a Canadian film too.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 12:57 am
Oscar nominated

I like Bruce Willis but has he ever been in such a bad movie as Extraction?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.