Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Everyone's gone to the movies

Everyone's gone to the movies

Old Jan 28th 2017, 7:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everyone's gone to the movies

Originally Posted by not2old
last weekend with a cineplex gift card from the kids we saw 'Split' & give it 9.5/10
Just out of interest, does James McAvoy use a wide range of accents for all those personalities?
We now take our own popcorn (3 bags for $1) to the movies, one bag microwave popped before we leave, then put the topping on it when we get there. Why pay $8 or so.
Why even have popcorn? Fruit drops (with silent wrappers) and a choc ice or tub in the interval

Later today we're going to see 'Gold'
http://britishexpats.com/forum/maple...ad-tng-889598/
Old Jan 28th 2017, 7:08 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Just out of interest, does James McAvoy use a wide range of accents for all those personalities?

yes. Its only 4 or 5 characters out of the possible 24 that you get to see in the movie

Why even have popcorn? Fruit drops (with silent wrappers) and a choc ice or tub in the interval
Nope, just the popcorn, no other luxury items. The ones you mentioned are way more expensive than the $0.333 bag of popcorn (3 to a box ActII brand)
Old Jan 28th 2017, 7:12 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Nope, just the popcorn, no other luxury items. The ones you mentioned are way more expensive than the $0.333 bag of popcorn (3 to a box ActII brand)
I'm speaking more from (UK) memory where the fruit drops would be ones you'd already bought and the choc ice/tub wouldn't cost any more than from the local shop.

Old Sep 6th 2017, 11:55 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Tangram
...watched Whiskey Tango Foxtrot last night, quite good.
Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - apologies if it has been mentioned before - I suppose it is a comedy of sorts but it is set in Afghanistan with Tina Fey as a war correspondent - it was pretty good.
Yes, just watched it. Finally. On Netflix now.

I'm a sucker for journalist related stuff and war correspondent/photographer in particular.

One I've not seen since the 80s when I caught it on C4 is Circle Of Deceit (Die Fälschung)
I've not found a stream of it anywhere - a genuine one, not one of those pretend ones - except in German with no subs.

It's on Amazon.com streaming but it needs a credit card with a US address. I succumbed and ordered the dvd from amazon.ca
Old Sep 10th 2017, 1:51 am
Oscar nominated

Ooops, wrong thread.