Earth Hour

Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

jeepers2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Earth Hour

Just logged on to Google...........have a look and join in!

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earthhour/
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

LiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of lightLiffyB is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Earth Hour

Wondered why everything had gone black on Google! Thought I had a pesky virus!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 11:31 pm
Reunited

raine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond reputeraine66 has a reputation beyond repute

Yip, were doing it, just half hour to go now until all our lights and TV etc go off.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

I remember 1980 something when the music people did a concert to save the world from hunger. So now there's no hunger. What a load of bollocks. This is the same. The only way we humans will survive for the long term is to annihilate 50% of the world's population, then not procreate.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 3:20 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

oh shiiit, should I be in the dark (more than usual) right now?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 4:33 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
The only way we humans will survive for the long term is to annihilate 50% of the world's population, then not procreate.
I was listening to a guy on the radio who was laughed at for saying prettymuch the same thing. One of his points were that if the average number of children went from the average 2.4 per family to 2.0 each then we'd automatically be reducing the energy use of the next generation by almost 20% to start with.

I believe the guy has a point.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 5:13 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We did it ..... and we only missed the first period of the Flames game.

I think the city centre lights were out too, along with most of our neighbours it certainly looked a lot darker out there last night!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Morwenna
We did it ..... and we only missed the first period of the Flames game.

I think the city centre lights were out too, along with most of our neighbours it certainly looked a lot darker out there last night!
So did we!

We had a lovely hour playing frustration with the kids by candlelight followed by (I kid you not) a sing song by the piano!

They loved it and wanted us to do it next Saturday night as well. Only problem is that I miss the end of "I'll do anything"!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

So is anyone going to do Earth Millennium? Or Earth year or Earth whatever. No. That's it now. Back to the huge hydro usage.

Back to real life.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:31 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

So is anyone going to do Earth Millennium? Or Earth year or Earth whatever. No. That's it now. Back to the huge hydro usage.

Back to real life.
There was plenty of light coming from the LCD TV upstairs, the plasma in the basement, daughter's Guitar Hero blasting out, the cooker going, the fridge freezers all going.......

but at least the two lights we normally have on were off, wow I saved a tree.

Wasted a candle though.
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:51 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
There was plenty of light coming from the LCD TV upstairs, the plasma in the basement, daughter's Guitar Hero blasting out, the cooker going, the fridge freezers all going.......

Wasted a candle though.

My OH was just the same.... said he didn't mind watching TV by candle-light .... Our son made him behave!
Old Mar 30th 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by LiffyB
Wondered why everything had gone black on Google! Thought I had a pesky virus!
glad i read this thread!
my lappy was playing up last night and thought similar thing!! glad i found the reason
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tangram

Wasted a candle though.
Ahh if we left the world to the women we'd be living in caves and 42 inch plasma's would be a little sparkle in our eyes...
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold

Yes I know its a drop in the ocean , but it really made us aware of how many lights are left on in empty rooms and things are left on stand by around the house

Our generation is screwed as far as being environmentally aware but if kids can get an appreciation of saving energy it can only be for the better surely?
Old Mar 30th 2008, 9:06 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

42 inch plasma's would be a little sparkle in our eyes...
Not so.

Mrs_P informs me I can't have an Apple iTouch until we get a 42" LCD wide screen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.