Is the droning real?

Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Is the droning real?

Hi

Been in Nova Scotia nearly a month now and what I want to know is ...when you're in that half way stage of sleep...asleep but vaguely conscious and you hear that mosquito droning next to your ear...is it real??? Or, have you just been bitten so many times that you are imagining it in some wierd adaptation like way vaguely reminiscent of The Fly?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:36 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the droning real?

It's real ..... be afraid..... be very afraid!!! :scared:
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by h_henry
Hi

Been in Nova Scotia nearly a month now and what I want to know is ...when you're in that half way stage of sleep...asleep but vaguely conscious and you hear that mosquito droning next to your ear...is it real??? Or, have you just been bitten so many times that you are imagining it in some wierd adaptation like way vaguely reminiscent of The Fly?

Get on your knees and thank god its not a black fly or deer fly that will take a chunk of skin with them when they bite!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

h_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of lighth_henry is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh i think we've escaped the Black Flies this season ????? But deer flies,...yes they are plaguing the dog. I read they like black moving objects so he doesn't stand a chance as he's black and can't stand still for two seconds unless you have cheese on you.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm seriously considering buying one of those popup rooms off the web..bit like pop up tents but a box like room where you can sit in and taunt the little buggers
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

I can hear them now. It is when you really listen closely and they stop, that freaks me out :scared: They are watching us!!

How are you liking NS?

SAW 04
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahh i think we've escaped the Black Flies this season ????? But deer flies,...yes they are plaguing the dog. I read they like black moving objects so he doesn't stand a chance as he's black and can't stand still for two seconds unless you have cheese on you.

They LOVE any warm blooded animal - human or otherwise believe me!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes and I'm hearing them everywhere now..today i couldnt' work out whether it was the overhead electric wires buzzing or the million and one mosquitoes sampling my OFF Botanical (one final chance at non chemical remedy but i'm edging ever closer to deet.).

Apart from that I'm liking NS...oh apart from the dodgy cell phone networks and systems...but that's another rant
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Just wondering...how high can mozzies fly? If i sit on upstairs decking will they bite there too? Or, are you fairly safe 12ft off the ground? Dont really want to sit there at dusk and put it to the test in a scientific manner..still getting over the 20+ bites I got at the weekend.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 12:58 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
I can hear them now. It is when you really listen closely and they stop,....
Like "doodle-bugs" in the war???
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just wondering...how high can mozzies fly? If i sit on upstairs decking will they bite there too? Or, are you fairly safe 12ft off the ground? Dont really want to sit there at dusk and put it to the test in a scientific manner..still getting over the 20+ bites I got at the weekend.

Hon - speaking from experience here, the only way you will escape mozzies anywhere during the summer is to sit in a screened area and even then the dirty buggers can sometimes get in!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Can you hear my loud "sigh" from here?!! Damn..thought maybe there was some way to escape them...

What doesn't help though is taking your dog camping and him deciding he wants to go out for a wee in the middle of the night, thus letting in all the mozzies into your tent...
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can you hear my loud "sigh" from here?!! Damn..thought maybe there was some way to escape them...

What doesn't help though is taking your dog camping and him deciding he wants to go out for a wee in the middle of the night, thus letting in all the mozzies into your tent...

They will land on your god and come in that way as well. The worst part is when they lay eggs on the poor creature.

Welcome to Canada!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:09 am
little snowy owl

My uncle is in NS and he describes how you are allowed to lift your ball while playing golf to wipe the bugs off, as it turns virtually black with them! :scared:
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMSL - just be thankful you dont live in Manitoba during the summer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.