Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Does Virgin Mobile accept payments via visa debit?

Does Virgin Mobile accept payments via visa debit?

Old Sep 20th 2014, 2:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Virgin Mobile accept payments via visa debit?

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
To me cheques are outdated. They take ages to clear. In the UK it's bank transfer as it's almost instant.

It's funny as a lot if landlords won't accept cheques in UK as they can bounce

Cheques are largely outdated I agree, but are still used in some instances and come in handy and are needed. They clear quickly these days, not instant, but within 1 business day generally of being deposited, its all done electronically now. We pay rent on the 1st and if the 1st and 2nd are weekdays, the check clears by the morning of the 2nd normally.

My GF is still paid by cheque as well, her company refuses to go direct deposit, feels like 1994 when we are waiting in line at the bank to deposit it...lol
Old Sep 20th 2014, 3:11 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Cheques are largely outdated I agree, but are still used in some instances and come in handy and are needed. They clear quickly these days, not instant, but within 1 business day generally of being deposited, its all done electronically now. We pay rent on the 1st and if the 1st and 2nd are weekdays, the check clears by the morning of the 2nd normally.

My GF is still paid by cheque as well, her company refuses to go direct deposit, feels like 1994 when we are waiting in line at the bank to deposit it...lol
Ok so I can pay by cheque and date for the 1st and give it to my landlady and that's ok. Even though it won't actually clear for a few days. Happy to do this just don't want to paying with cash all the time.

I got paid from work by cheque last week. It was ok but luckily it
was just for the first week
Old Sep 20th 2014, 3:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

To me cheques are outdated. They take ages to clear. In the UK it's bank transfer as it's almost instant.

It's funny as a lot if landlords won't accept cheques in UK as they can bounce
Agreed. Funnily enough we use them still a lot here. Our school needs cheques for certain things, or cash. Then again, it is the bloody school system.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I can pay by cheque and date for the 1st and give it to my landlady and that's ok. Even though it won't actually clear for a few days. Happy to do this just don't want to paying with cash all the time.

I got paid from work by cheque last week. It was ok but luckily it
was just for the first week
Direct deposit is the norm from my experience, but my GF's place of employment only has 2 regularly paid employees, so are not willing to set up direct deposit for 2 people.

First and last pay from a place is usually in paper cheque form, at least in the places I have worked.