Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Does anyone else find it ironic...

Does anyone else find it ironic...

Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:52 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone else find it ironic...

Originally Posted by jimf
Gretsky's Law - at some point every thread on Canadian Expats ends up with a reference to the ugly game...........
Chara!

<Thread closed>
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvy
Then again, I'd have bet on the Habs stuffing the Bruins last night, so I may not be too good at this betting lark.
Bruins 7 - Les Habs 0 ouch. That was a major surprise.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:08 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I gave up before the end of the second. It was too painful to watch.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Chara!

<Thread closed>
I see some boston player reckons the montreal player who got his head slammed into the glass recently is more or less faking the injury!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:27 pm
Slob

It doesn't happen often. The last time they lost by a margin like that was in 1998 (9:2). The biggest thrashing before than was in 1974 (8:0).

All three hammerings courtesy of the Bruins.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 4:28 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by jimf
I see some boston player reckons the montreal player who got his head slammed into the glass recently is more or less faking the injury!
How do you fake a fractured vertebra?

Last edited by Souvy; Mar 25th 2011 at 5:37 pm. Reason: Pedantic lawyer. And some sloppiness on my part.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

How do you fake a fractured vertebrae?
I know it is correct, but something just doesn't look right
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:57 pm
Banned

immichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to beholdimmichaelcaine is a splendid one to behold

the take i gotted when in mtl was that le habs is best hockey team evah....but are always losin. pretty hardcore fans tho. the bellcentre has got a very partylike canadian feel 2 it....very different from msg or da coleseum which feelin like a boxing ring or tractor showin. they got effin 10$ beer at msg
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

dave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond reputedave2003 has a reputation beyond repute

I do not recollect the governments' headed by Pearson, P.E.T., Chretien, and Martin referred to as their government, as in the Harper Government.

The first time I heard the term Harper government was on the CBC following the election of the first Conservative government. It was clearly a derisive and sarcastic ploy designed to express the contempt of the main stream media to delegitimize the conservatives and Stephen Harper. Clearly it has succeeded and most have forgotten its origin.

Scandal! A scandal was Jean Chretien proroguing parliament in order to stonewall parliamentary inquiry into L'Affair Grand-Mere. For the record, Jean Chretien and P.E.T. prorogued parliament fifteen times.

A scandal was the parliamentary evasions of the Liberal government over the disappearance of $1 billion dollars of taxpayers money via the HRDC.

A scandal was the thuggish assault of Jean Chretien on a Quebec protester.

A scandal was the assault of the Horsemen on B.C. students (holding the students' eyes open and spraying mace into them).

A scandal was the revelations of the Gomery Inquiry.

A scandal was Liberal Francis Fox-then solicitor-general forging a signature and lying to parliament to procure an abortion for his girl friend.

A scandal was Michael Ignatieff calling our troops war criminals because they slapped a few grunting cave dwellers around.

Those are scandals.

Michael Ignatieff's assertion that the conservative government is in contempt of parliament over alleged non-disclosure of exact details of money bills is nothing more than a defective piece of rhetoric, supreme irony.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:07 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

and so it begins in earnest... just watched the vote of no confidence being passed in the House of Commons, and the resulting statement by Harper that he will be asking the GG to drop the writ tomorrow for an election - presumably on 2 May.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:11 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2003
A scandal was the thuggish assault of Jean Chretien on a Quebec protester.
I thought that commendable behaviour rather than a scandal. It raised my already high level of regard for the man.

Harper's hair, now that's a scandal.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:23 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by dbd33
I thought that commendable behaviour rather than a scandal. It raised my already high level of regard for the man.

Harper's hair, now that's a scandal.
It gets worse. He's a Leafs fan and also has a wife with a shit name.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 7:27 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

It gets worse. He's a Leafs fan and also has a wife with a shit name.
I assume, given the Mormon hair, that he has other wives, perhaps some of them have better names.

Lest I be accused of making light of the thread subject, and the idea of the Harper government having a majority is certainly a grave one, my defence is that after "slapped a few grunting cave dwellers" all seriousness was lost.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I assume, given the Mormon hair, that he has other wives, perhaps some of them have better names.

Lest I be accused of making light of the thread subject, and the idea of the Harper government having a majority is certainly a grave one, my defence is that after "slapped a few grunting cave dwellers" all seriousness was lost.
Personally I didn't get past "the contempt of the mainstream media and their attempt to delegitimize the Conservative government".

On the hair: it's a Tory thing.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

So what's the likelyhood of the situation being any different in the second week of May?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.