34.21%
Hardly ever
13.16%
Less then once a year.
2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Do you online shop in Canada?

Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:15 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you online shop in Canada?

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Do you shop much online?

I find I rarely buy anything anymore online unless it's a hard to obtain item or something not possible to obtain locally or nearby in North Vancouver.

The shipping rates companies are charging these day's is insane.

I was going to order a 300g sample size of dog food as the pup is very picky and I don't want to keep buying full size bags to find out she won't eat it.

But they wanted 16.99 to ship it by Canada Post with an estimated 7-10 days in transit.

This isn't unique and the biggest reason I stopped buying online, the shipping charges many times ends up being higher then the items being bought.

Amazon.ca would be good if they could get their act together and sell more stuff, but they are still too limited but about the only place with good shipping rates.
If you go to indepent pet stores they will give you samples of dog food and even buy back opened bags of treats if your dog doesnt like them.

OH does far more online shopping than I do, usually car parts and CDs and of course the occasional car I tend to shop online for the occasional gift (usually car or car Who related).
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:17 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I suggest you start dictating what your dog eats and not the other way around, the puppy is giving you the finger and it's up to the owner to be the alpha dog in the relationship. I trained and cared for a lot of dogs in a retriever kennel over a two year period and dogs aren't picky eaters, a good quality kibble suitable to your pup's size and activity level is the basic requirement.
Says someone that has probably never had a chow -very picky eaters!
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Says someone that has probably never had a chow -very picky eaters!
Only until they are sufficiently hungry
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Not in Canada, but probably 5-6 times per month. Too easy and efficient.
Ditto (so I haven't voted).

The only things we don't buy on-line are groceries, house repair and maintenance supplies from Lowes/HD, some clothes for little Miss P and Mrs P, and occasional book sprees at Barnes & Noble. We place an order with Amazon at least 2-3 times a month, and 90-95% of what we buy from Amazon has free shipping.

Increasingly I even buy home repair and maintenance stuff on line too, including blinds, water and AC filters, and door knobs and locks.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to indepent pet stores they will give you samples of dog food and even buy back opened bags of treats if your dog doesnt like them.

OH does far more online shopping than I do, usually car parts and CDs and of course the occasional car I tend to shop online for the occasional gift (usually car or car Who related).
The only good pet store we have is part of Pet Value chain, they are trying to get the sample I want, they have some but for adult dogs and large chunks which are too big for a little dog.

The independent pet store we do have, but they are so rude and unhelpful, I simply refuse to go to them.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 6:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
She went 4 days and still wouldn't touch the last brand....I wasn't willing to go any longer with such a young and small dog.

Other then food, she is well behaved and listens like a pro.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
They don't even eat the food they like at the kennels for three days just in case they are coming home quick, and Henry won't poop for 3 days either

I've never seen dogs turn their noses up at as many treats as my two do either but they are quick enough to let me know when they have eaten all their kibble and the bowls need refilling.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 10:24 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave2003
Shipping rates and lower prices apart, my experience of online shopping is not encouraging. Two years back I bought a Dyson vacuum online. The vacuum was left at my front door-according to the delivery company. It "mysteriously" disappeared. The word mysterious seems to be the operative word-the shipping company, my insurance company, and the vendor washed their hands and left me about $500.00 out of pocket.

About the same time, I applied for a new UK passport-which was to be delivered by courier. After waiting a week past the due delivery date I called the UK passport office and their courier. "We delivered it'" they said. Not to me I said. Turns out they had left it by the mailbox, where I found it in the junk mail box.

Today, I found a tag on my mailbox from a courier company stating "failed delivery." To get the courier letter-containing a credit card- I would have to go out to the international airport to their depot.

Online shopping may be convenient in some respects, but for me, my time is more valuable. I don't have the time or inclination to hang around waiting for a delivery.
I got fed up with driving for an hour to pick up non-deliveries and now have "no signature required" bar coded tags on the mailbox.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 10:36 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

That Dyson ball cleaner isn't what you think.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Do you shop much online?

I find I rarely buy anything anymore online unless it's a hard to obtain item or something not possible to obtain locally or nearby in North Vancouver.

The shipping rates companies are charging these day's is insane.

I was going to order a 300g sample size of dog food as the pup is very picky and I don't want to keep buying full size bags to find out she won't eat it.

But they wanted 16.99 to ship it by Canada Post with an estimated 7-10 days in transit.

This isn't unique and the biggest reason I stopped buying online, the shipping charges many times ends up being higher then the items being bought.

Amazon.ca would be good if they could get their act together and sell more stuff, but they are still too limited but about the only place with good shipping rates.
The only regular online purchases these days are for ink cartridges. Order items from John Lewis and M&S for delivery in the UK and Canada.

A few months ago I was looking for some bulbs for the instrument panel for the Odyssey. The Honda dealer was quoting $30-35 per bulb and if I recall correctly they would be about $4 per bulb online in the US except they wouldn't ship to Canada.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by jimf
The only regular online purchases these days are for ink cartridges. Order items from John Lewis and M&S for delivery in the UK and Canada.

A few months ago I was looking for some bulbs for the instrument panel for the Odyssey. The Honda dealer was quoting $30-35 per bulb and if I recall correctly they would be about $4 per bulb online in the US except they wouldn't ship to Canada.
Did you go on ebay for the bulbs? OH is forever getting stuff shipped for himself and a work buddy who gets OH to order for him because he's too scared
Old Feb 19th 2015, 5:59 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Did you go on ebay for the bulbs? OH is forever getting stuff shipped for himself and a work buddy who gets OH to order for him because he's too scared
We get lots of boxes of bulbs. They're interneted. From Holland.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 6:39 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

We're lucky in that the post office that undelivered parcels finish up is just a block and half away. I bought my girlfriend a watch on the internet a few years ago over the internet from a place in Texas. Apart from the fact that it was about 40% cheaper, I saved approx. $200 in sales tax. It was rather a risk to have it sent by mail, but the price was very good and the jewellers in Dallas was a reputable bricks-and-mortar shop.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 9:55 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Souvy, I shop on-line for say, plane tickets or streaming media, but anything that has to go through the mail I try and avoid because Canada Post is so hopelessly slow and expensive and don't even get me started on Loomis and some of the other carriers.

One tip I've mentioned before - some US retailers are GST/HST registered, so if you buy from them, no customs brokerage fees.

Plus they've opened a new shopping centre in Kalispell on Highway 93 so I'd rather go there for the weekend as it's more fun.
Old Feb 19th 2015, 10:33 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_

Plus they've opened a new shopping centre in Kalispell on Highway 93 so I'd rather go there for the weekend as it's more fun.
Plus grab some lunch too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.