Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Old Dec 17th 2016, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dear Canada Post, We Need To Talk.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Im sure Canada Post will have a logical explanation if you asked them.

Something like the Montreal processing plant is extremely busy at this time of year and we sent mail to the processing plant in Winnipeg which is not as busy for distribution to ensure you got the item on time.
I'll let you know when I've spoken to them . That sounds EXACTLY like a Canada Post logical explanation
Old Dec 17th 2016, 5:09 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback

I was DELIGHTED with the processing time... until I saw Manitoba on the tracking info. The damn thing even has the right (Qc) postcode on it, but is apparently, according to Canada Post, making a ~3000 mile detour to get 65 miles up the road from Montreal !!!

Sigh...
Same here.

Mine was in Mississauga last Saturday - a mere 30 minutes from me. Now it's in Winnipeg - and supposedly going to be delivered.................. yesterday.

Big sigh.

2016/12/16 23:07 WINNIPEG, MB Item processed
2016/12/15 11:41 WINNIPEG, MB Item processed
2016/12/10 18:00 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed

Expected delivery
2016/12/16
Old Dec 17th 2016, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Same here.

Mine was in Mississauga last Saturday - a mere 30 minutes from me. Now it's in Winnipeg - and supposedly going to be delivered.................. yesterday.

Big sigh.

2016/12/16 23:07 WINNIPEG, MB Item processed
2016/12/15 11:41 WINNIPEG, MB Item processed
2016/12/10 18:00 MISSISSAUGA, ON Item processed

Expected delivery
2016/12/16
What????!!!!

:Banging head on brick wall: in sympathy . I'm off to a carol service, then to buy a (larger than intended) bottle of brandy for Christmas cooking. And for raising a glass to your parcel's, & mine's travels.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

leith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond repute

I am seriously considering swapping addresses with a neighbor on the next street. He gets more of my mail than I do and I get most of his. I actually caught the Canada Post employee at our bank of community mailboxes the other day and suggested he learn to read. He cheerfully replied "I'm working on it" while shoving yet more of my neighbor's Christmas cards into my box. Our street names are very different, we don't even have the same mailbox bank, and the mail is correctly addressed. Guess who's not getting a tip for Christmas.
Old Dec 17th 2016, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shirtback
I'm tracking a parcel sent Monday from abroad, which arrived in Montreal 3 days ago.

As of this morning, it's showing as shipped out to Manitoba...

I have a parcel my mom sent, USPS tracking is a little better, but it's apparently in Montreal, not sure why a parcel would go California-Vancouver-Montreal to come back to BC, but USPS seems to have sent it to Vancouver then Canada Post sent it to Montreal.

The parcel was sent on Nov 22 and has been floating around Canada since Nov 25th according to the various tracking updates.

But it's not the first time I have had a parcel go BC to Montreal back to BC, just don't know why they do it as it makes zero sense. I have also had parcels go Vancouver-Winnipeg-Chilliwack, as well as Vancouver-Edmonton/Calgary-Chilliwack.

Either their tracking is just not reliable or accurate, or they have some pretty inefficient systems at sorting mail.

One reason I cross the border to mail things to California, 3 days max Sumas, WA to California, if mailed from Canada takes a week to even leave Canada.

Most surprising parcels are from Hong Kong to US, generally takes 5 days including time to clear US Customs, but I order from the fish place in Montreal, takes 10 days. Canada Post is a lot of things, but efficient is not one of them.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 17th 2016 at 6:19 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

leith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond reputeleith has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post's tracking system is useless. My neighbor tried tracking a package he was expecting and the system showed that it had been delivered. What it didn't show was that it had been delivered to the wrong address and was left in some post office limbo for three weeks.
I've filed a detailed complaint on-line with Canada Post about the continuing delivery of my mail to my neighbor and vice versa. So far, not even an acknowledgement. Has anybody had any positive results from filing a complaint? I am sure Canada Post gets millions of them.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 5:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leith
...I am sure Canada Post gets millions of them.
I'm sure they don't. The vast majority of their customers will be Canadian and they don't like to fix things that ain't broke even when they are broke.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post's tracking system is useless. My neighbor tried tracking a package he was expecting and the system showed that it had been delivered. What it didn't show was that it had been delivered to the wrong address and was left in some post office limbo for three weeks.
I've filed a detailed complaint on-line with Canada Post about the continuing delivery of my mail to my neighbor and vice versa. So far, not even an acknowledgement. Has anybody had any positive results from filing a complaint? I am sure Canada Post gets millions of them.
I've had them reply once to a complaint. It was just a generic, sorry but there is nothing we can do type reply. Otherwise all complaints have fallen on deaf ears and nothing has be done.

Canada Post just doesn't care, customer service is a low priority. For the high prices paid for their services you would think they could do a better job.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 18th 2016 at 7:49 pm.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 6:51 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

...I actually caught the Canada Post employee at our bank of community mailboxes the other day and suggested he learn to read. ...
I generally find insulting service workers leads to improved services.
Old Dec 18th 2016, 10:00 pm
Account Closed

Apparently they attempted to deliver a parcel at 13:26 and left a card for pick up, no card to be found.

Wonder if it's a tracking issue or if they actually did try to deliver on a Sunday? Either way someone was home but nobody ever buzzed.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 2:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Last Thursday morning I ordered from Amazon. The acknowledgement suggested delivery Friday 23rd.

The follow up confirmation later that day suggested delivery Weds 21st.

Canada Post delivered it today, Mon 19th.

Three cheers for Canada Post, top service (for me) as usual.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 3:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed their customer service department as there has been no movement on my parcel - stuck in Winnipeg for 4 days (after a week in Mississauga). Their suggestion? I should contact the sender to ask them to initiate an enquiry with the "originating postal administration".

How does that make any bloody sense when Canada Post has the package?
Old Dec 19th 2016, 3:30 pm
Oscar nominated

You must have done something dodgy in a past life.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 7:58 pm
Account Closed

Suppose the snow overnight created a mess as per usual.

The severe weather conditions in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver, including the Sea to Sky Corridor and the Fraser Valley, are currently impeding mail delivery. While every effort is being made to deliver the mail, some customers may not receive mail today. Once the conditions improve, normal delivery will resume.

(From CP FB page.)
Old Dec 19th 2016, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

I emailed their customer service department as there has been no movement on my parcel - stuck in Winnipeg for 4 days (after a week in Mississauga). Their suggestion? I should contact the sender to ask them to initiate an enquiry with the "originating postal administration".

Blooming ridiculous (& pompous to boot).

I have no new news of my parcel which also allegedly went to Winnipeg, & also appears to be there still.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.