Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Database Access 2000 problems- Urgent

Database Access 2000 problems- Urgent

Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Database Access 2000 problems- Urgent

Are there any experts out there who can help me sort out the glitches in a database I have made??

I am having problems with my queries in that they arent showing all the data that I know is in the tables.

I want to have a numeric input for the choice, Yes/No/Unknown but can't work out how to do it.

its a database of survey results, some numeric, some, yes/no/unknown. Not all the questions are asked and some have an answer of 0. I want to have a value showing when the question for that field hasnt been asked.

If anyone can help urgently I would be very grateful. I will post this in the lab forum too just in case.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 2:37 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Database Access 2000 problems- Urgent

I don't know anything about Access (or databases, for that matter) but I figure if fields have no value, they probably have 'Null' value. For that matter (and if this is any use), access help talks about the "Is Null" query criteria.

Originally Posted by daft batty
Are there any experts out there who can help me sort out the glitches in a database I have made??

I am having problems with my queries in that they arent showing all the data that I know is in the tables.

I want to have a numeric input for the choice, Yes/No/Unknown but can't work out how to do it.

its a database of survey results, some numeric, some, yes/no/unknown. Not all the questions are asked and some have an answer of 0. I want to have a value showing when the question for that field hasnt been asked.

If anyone can help urgently I would be very grateful. I will post this in the lab forum too just in case.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:56 am
Property Owner

welshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nicewelshchem is just really nice

Originally Posted by daft batty

in a standard query you'll only get entries that exist in all tables. If you want all the entries from a particular table open the query go into design view (little set square button). You'll see the tables connected by lines, right click on the lines and select 'I want all the entries from table x'.

Hopefully, that'll do it.

I've started using access myself lately and it's useful but seems to have a mind of its own sometimes
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the suggestions. The numbers for yes/no etc was via options boxes.

The other stuff was changing the relationship joins. The rest I am still working out.