Cricket

Old Jun 16th 2014, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I should say! I was "watching" it on Cricinfo, and even that was exciting. (The TV package I subscribe to doesn't bring me cricket. Brings me Rugby League games from Australia and England, though, which is nice.)
Ditto (I was "working" and unlike Oink, I don't have a private office with a big TV in it.)

I have friends who were sat in the Edrich stand (is there a finer place to watch cricket?). Afternoon report "dribbling to a draw". They were wise enough to stay till the end though and were happier at 6:40pm
Old Jun 16th 2014, 9:41 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the last 5 overs as i had to go to the supermarket to buy a naffing swede as that was the only chance i had to go.

Still, good job Cook made sure we had such a big lead and didn't do anything reckless like putting them in for a little looksee last evening
Old Jun 16th 2014, 10:17 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
I missed the last 5 overs as i had to go to the supermarket to buy a naffing swede as that was the only chance i had to go.

Still, good job Cook made sure we had such a big lead and didn't do anything reckless like putting them in for a little looksee last evening
I had a naffing meeting at 9:30ish, about the 75th over, when they was only five down and it looked like England had shot their load only to come back so see all the drama I missed.

Looks like the Indians still won't allow full DRS. That should give Nasser something to bang on about for a month.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:04 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Good day for England and nice for Broady to get a hatrick.

Nice little pick me up after the naffing football yesterday
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:31 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Good day for England and nice for Broady to get a hatrick.

Nice little pick me up after the naffing football yesterday
Too right. Broad was rubbish in the first match but its good to see him coming back strong in the end. Him and Plunkett should give the Indians something to worry about.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 12:51 am
no I aint

Originally Posted by Oink
Too right. Broad was rubbish in the first match but its good to see him coming back strong in the end. Him and Plunkett should give the Indians something to worry about.
lets hope. Jimmy, broad, Plunkett, Stoakes. thats a good seam attack. Will need dear old Monty to sort himself out in time for the Indians too
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:25 pm

Well this is going nowhere fast. They have to have a good look at Cook's tactics or even his captaincy.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is going nowhere fast. They have to have a good look at Cook's tactics or even his captaincy.
Now, now Oink, Cook will complain that something "needs to be done" about your harsh criticism of him like that.

I can see Cook resigning soon, problem is after KP-gate ECB have invested a lot in Cook, which to be perfectly frank, he has not justified with either his batting or captaincy.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
Now, now Oink, Cook will complain that something "needs to be done" about your harsh criticism of him like that.

I can see Cook resigning soon, problem is after KP-gate ECB have invested a lot in Cook, which to be perfectly frank, he has not justified with either his batting or captaincy.
Who'd would you make as captain? Anderson? To me he looks very tired.

Wow, what a shocker.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow, what a shocker.

I think Jimmy has a good cricket brain, but agree that he looks spent.
If we were to drop Prior, I'd go for Read or Foster as keeper-captain short term and Root longer term (but being a Tyke, I am biased )

Stokes in for Broad for 1st test vs India, who has had a poor match

So we need our largest chase ever to win or 3 & a bit sessions for a draw....
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
I think Jimmy has a good cricket brain, but agree that he looks spent.
If we were to drop Prior, I'd go for Read or Foster as keeper-captain short term and Root longer term (but being a Tyke, I am biased )

Stokes in for Broad for 1st test vs India, who has had a poor match

So we need our largest chase ever to win or 3 & a bit sessions for a draw....

189 all out I reckon.
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

189 all out I reckon.

Optimist!
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 10:45 pm
no I aint

Wow, what a shocker.
Back to back tests do not help Anderson, cook bowling him in 9,10 over spells not helping either. He should be allowed to put his feet up till the first test against India.

Stoakes has to come back he is fit and probably should of played this match. Jordan i can't work out what his role is in the team. Ali too, looks like an ok bat and not a terrible bowler but front line spinner he aint.

Cook is a useless captain, has been since he took the job. I would love to know if he even gets how bad he is.

Last edited by Flogger; Jun 23rd 2014 at 10:54 pm. Reason: just checked to see anderson bowling even longer than i thought
Old Jun 24th 2014, 1:03 am

Back to back tests do not help Anderson, cook bowling him in 9,10 over spells not helping either. He should be allowed to put his feet up till the first test against India.

Stoakes has to come back he is fit and probably should of played this match. Jordan i can't work out what his role is in the team. Ali too, looks like an ok bat and not a terrible bowler but front line spinner he aint.

Cook is a useless captain, has been since he took the job. I would love to know if he even gets how bad he is.
I couldn't figure out what Jordan was doing in the side either. Two flat pitches didn't need four pace bowlers.
Old Jun 24th 2014, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oops. Weren't we supposed to have won that series, in a post Ashes-New-Dawn -For-Eng sort of way ?

Well played Moeen Ali.

Who would we all like to see replace Cook as skipper ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.