Tea

Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:21 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tea

I can't recall seeing anything about the lack of choice when it comes to tea. Perhaps it's only this part of Canada deprived.

Having said that, I do see others pining for tea from the plantations of Yorkshire. (see below)

I'm not actually much of a tea drinker and probably couldn't tell one pot from another other than one tastes nicer sometimes, even though it's the same packet. But that may be a mood thing. And I remember a tea caddy I bought in Moscow and the tea was kind of smokey. I never expected to find a picture of it The caddy, not the tea!

Spoiler:

But I do know I developed a liking (or was it just a consistent taste?) for Assam and in the UK it was available in bags and even Tesco branded.

The best I can do here is to get a blend (usually called breakfast tea) that includes Assam and there's little difference toOrange Pekoe. Of course there's a ton of different flavoured teas available, but it only seems to be all those horrible herbal or fruity ones that smell so nice and taste so disappointing in comparison.

The choice here seems to be limited to Orange Pekoe and Earl Grey and whether it's loose or bagged.

I just discovered Walmart sells something called Oolong.

But this is good for a laugh. Apologies for the Mail. It came up from googling but it was too funny not to pass on.

Yorkshire Tea isn't grown in Yorkshire sparking Twitter row over 'misleading claims' | Daily Mail Online
Old Aug 7th 2017, 11:36 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tea

I buy Harris tea. I get from an Indian supermarket so I guess it's Indian. It's very tasty and goes nicely with a custard cream.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 1:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I buy Harris tea.
I see they carry Dorset tea, which I'd never heard of.

I'd have guessed it was a variation on Devon Cream Tea.

Old Aug 7th 2017, 1:43 pm
Oscar nominated

I buy Harris tea. I get from an Indian supermarket so I guess it's Indian. It's very tasty and goes nicely with a custard cream.
Hey...what are you doing up?
Old Aug 7th 2017, 2:01 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Hey...what are you doing up?
Watching the cricket and drinking tea.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 2:14 pm
Oscar nominated

Watching the cricket and drinking tea.

Of course. One of the nice things about this side of Canada is the better time difference with the UK.

Watching Spurs at 8.30 on a Saturday morning is so much better than 4.30.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

I get Yorkshire tea brought in by my family visiting from uk, I still have 1000's but insist on them bringing them. I use one bag to make tea in a pot for two. For work I take red rose, an orange pekoe that flavours one cup perfectly well.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 2:46 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

This is what we drink, it's nice and strong.

https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.c...EA?isPDPFlow=Y
Old Aug 7th 2017, 2:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Watching Spurs at 8.30 on a Saturday morning is so much better than 4.30.
I've never felt the urge do either.

But almost like Oink I'm watching the Test and drinking Ch'ti Ambrée, a very nice beer from the north of France.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 2:49 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I can't recall seeing anything about the lack of choice when it comes to tea. Perhaps it's only this part of Canada deprived.

Having said that, I do see others pining for tea from the plantations of Yorkshire. (see below)

I'm not actually much of a tea drinker and probably couldn't tell one pot from another other than one tastes nicer sometimes, even though it's the same packet. But that may be a mood thing. And I remember a tea caddy I bought in Moscow and the tea was kind of smokey. I never expected to find a picture of it The caddy, not the tea!

But I do know I developed a liking (or was it just a consistent taste?) for Assam and in the UK it was available in bags and even Tesco branded.

The best I can do here is to get a blend (usually called breakfast tea) that includes Assam and there's little difference toOrange Pekoe. Of course there's a ton of different flavoured teas available, but it only seems to be all those horrible herbal or fruity ones that smell so nice and taste so disappointing in comparison.

The choice here seems to be limited to Orange Pekoe and Earl Grey and whether it's loose or bagged.

I just discovered Walmart sells something called Oolong.

But this is good for a laugh. Apologies for the Mail. It came up from googling but it was too funny not to pass on.

Yorkshire Tea isn't grown in Yorkshire sparking Twitter row over 'misleading claims' | Daily Mail Online
Maybe it soon will be...

New tea plantation - in North Yorkshire (From The Northern Echo)

Dorset tea isn't grown in Dorset, and the company that does make it is to move it's factory to,,, North Shields, that well known south coast area...

Dorset Tea won’t be made in Dorset anymore as company plans to move all production (From Bournemouth Echo)
Old Aug 7th 2017, 3:31 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I remember, which in itself is an achievement, working as a student in the sixties in the Paynes tea and sweet warehouse in London. Tea would arrive in chests, lifted to the upper floor, stacked, blended and packaged as it passed down from floor to floor. Some tea arrived in much smaller chests as I learned that these contained jasmine tea and that it was very expensive. 'Hmm.. have to try some of that' I thought and promptly brewed a pot. Of course, being utterly stupid, it didn't occur to me that like other teas this was to be blended and believe me undiluted jasmine tea is awful.

In sight of Tower Bridge on the south bank of the Thames, the view from the roof was really good. The building is probably now converted to high class appartments out of reach of the common man. I suspect that the view from the roof is more spectacular these days, and of course, unlike me, you won't get paid to view from it.

Last edited by dave_j; Aug 7th 2017 at 3:33 pm.
Old Aug 7th 2017, 3:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Dorset tea isn't grown in Dorset, and the company that does make it is to move it's factory to,,, North Shields, that well known south coast area...
Just doon the lonnen from where I live in Newcastle (when I do). I'm sooooo thrilled by this exciting news.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
I get Yorkshire tea brought in by my family visiting from uk, I still have 1000's but insist on them bringing them. I use one bag to make tea in a pot for two. For work I take red rose, an orange pekoe that flavours one cup perfectly well.
Yorkshire tea is sold in Wallymart (and other stores), as is 'British' Tetley and Typhoo.

They also sometimes sell PG Tips at $4.97 for 40 bags, but we get it on Amazon.ca for $25 for 480 delivered, which is much better!

There was a BBC food prog on iPlayer last week (presented by that bald Greg bloke) about tea and what each leaf on the twig is used for. Quite interesting.

Might not be much Darjeeling available for the next year or so - the pickers have gone on strike.

Last edited by withabix; Aug 8th 2017 at 2:34 am.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 2:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Bulk Barn sell loose Assam tea

Bulk Barn - Assam Tea Loose

Plaza Boulevard Plaza
35 Plaza Boulevard
MONCTON, New Brunswick
E1C 0E8

Love your tea caddy!

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 8th 2017 at 2:44 am.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 3:53 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Tea is vile. Horrible stuff i can't abide the smell of it let alone drink it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.