Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

Old Jan 6th 2019, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Addzz120 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

I posted this on a Canadian forum but there’s few ex pats on there, so as someone coming to Canada in the summer what do you think? Pasted as below:

We seem to be getting a lot more Trudeau news here in the UK of late.

The media here said it was Ontario law that if a Canadian couples kid who’s a boy, goes to to school and wants to return to school as a girl and the parents say no, your kids get taken away by the government? Surely not.....surely? I googled this and it seems it’s a law that was passed....are you kidding me?

Also that Trudeau welcomes back ISIS fighters allowing them to retain their citizenship and even attend re- education programs to reintegrate them, they cited poetry classes as an example?

There was also something about a terrorist who killed a US serviceman with a grenade getting a cheque for $11M??

I’m getting closer and closer to coming to Canada and this stuff makes me nervous. Even the UK bans returning ISIS fighters. I don’t like the idea of potentially walking past someone in Toronto who’s killed people, children, raped and beheaded.

Any thoughts on this? I’m asking out of shock really and surprise in what the Canadian Government is doing. I also read in Quebec if you wrongly call someone or refuse to call someone by their gender pronoun you can be prosecuted? Seems outright totalitarian? How do you guys find it?
Old Jan 6th 2019, 3:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats - How do you find Trudeau and heavy left wing laws?

I think you need to change or, at least, extend your reading material.

As for heavy left wing law...I'll let you know if I ever see any examples of it. But don't hold your breath.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 3:58 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Your concerns encapsulate the main reasons I left Canada and returned to the UK.

I attended a theatre production of the Rocky Horror Show last year and a dozen audience members were arrested for use of incorrect pronouns. It was horribly confusing, and best not to try and second guess genders. My wife and I slipped out at the interval to avoid potential embarrassment - I'd never seen my neighbour in stockings before and couldn't make the social faux pas of calling him Phyllis when he was a Phil.

The straw that broke the camel's back was a local property developer naming a new street Isis Close. Not knowing if residents there were rapists or beheaderists was awkward. Difficult conversation to have with new neighbours over nibbles and a sherry. Or was it Iris Close? My memory's not so good.

I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Everyone's too high on dope to care about anything the government decrees - you're reading too much sensationalist media.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond reputeKentonmag has a reputation beyond repute

Trudeau is a numpty, he's ballooned the country's debt to the point where it will be unrecoverable in my lifetime. Just like the idiot in charge South of the border he had no experience in politics prior to running for leader of the Liberal party, and on to Prime Minister. He didn't win because of policy but because he was better looking than Stephen Harper and, as with the Labour Party in the UK, the Liberal Party has always been more popular with minorities, especially in the inner cities, in Canada.

Despite my comments above don't worry governments and Parties change, that's democracy and Canada is still a nice place to live and raise a family. I wouldn't get caught to much up in the Canadian News, the events South of the border are far more of a concern to what's happening in Canada. Lets pray we don't see 6 more years of Trump and hopefully still have a fair trade agreement with the Americans when he's gone, since Trudeau collapsed like a house of cards during the recent trade talks. The fallout from that still has to work it's way through the Canadian economy.

Enjoy your move to Canada.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:14 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Addzz120
How do you guys find it?
Old Jan 6th 2019, 5:18 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
Your concerns encapsulate the main reasons I left Canada and returned to the UK.

I attended a theatre production of the Rocky Horror Show last year and a dozen audience members were arrested for use of incorrect pronouns. It was horribly confusing, and best not to try and second guess genders. My wife and I slipped out at the interval to avoid potential embarrassment - I'd never seen my neighbour in stockings before and couldn't make the social faux pas of calling him Phyllis when he was a Phil.

The straw that broke the camel's back was a local property developer naming a new street Isis Close. Not knowing if residents there were rapists or beheaderists was awkward. Difficult conversation to have with new neighbours over nibbles and a sherry. Or was it Iris Close? My memory's not so good.

I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Everyone's too high on dope to care about anything the government decrees - you're reading too much sensationalist media.
Right on. I also left Canada because of the heavy left wing snowflakes. But the UK is no better: did you know that the River Thames is called Isis by those elitist bastards in Oxford? But back to Canada, you know that Trudeau is homophonic with a hole of water in French?

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jan 6th 2019 at 5:20 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

It's a heck of a lot better than heavy right-wing politics!

But OP, you really do need to read more widely ............. half that stuff is truly fake news.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

So what’s fake, you need to say what’s fake.
am I wrong about the Quebec law? The payout to the terrorist. Or your kids wing taken away for not letting your son wear a dress.....which is fake?

Heavy left or right is undesirable, but Trump isn’t affecting parents lives, arresting people for pronoun misuse or diminishing free speech.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 8:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

am I wrong about the Quebec law? The payout to the terrorist. Or your kids wing taken away for not letting your son wear a dress.....which is fake?

Heavy left or right is undesirable, but Trump isn’t affecting parents lives, arresting people for pronoun misuse or diminishing free speech.
Quebec law and Ontario law have nothing to do with Trudeau. They're provincial laws. Trudeau is federal.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps if you read about these issues in more depth you would find the answers for yourself.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a so-called terrorist did receive a multi-million payout from the Feds

read this to find out why .....

https://globalnews.ca/news/3573619/o...-compensation/

He spent 10 years in Guantanamo Bay having been arrested by the US at the age of 15 ........ a child soldier forced into war by his fathe rand because of the following taken from the above news item. ...........

The compensation and apology come after the Supreme Court of Canada ruled in 2010 that Canadian intelligence officials obtained evidence from Khadr under “oppressive circumstances,” such as sleep deprivation, during interrogations at Guantanamo Bay in 2003.
So far as I know, no child has been taken away from its parents because of desiring to wear clothing of the opposite sex. In fact, quite the contrary is happening ................ schools HAVE to make provision for such children.

That's what I meant by fake news ...... you've been watching too much news on-line

You also have to get your head around the fact that Canada is a FEDERATION of provinces ......as such each province has control over many aspects, including education, law, welfare benefits, etc etc.

Much of what you seem to be quoting is provincial not Federation, so you can't blame Trudeau for what Doug Ford does in ON, John Horgan in BC, or Francois Legault in Quebec

Of course, it if disturbs you, you don't have to come here, you know.

It IS a different country to, and completely separate from, the UK!
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Perhaps if you read about these issues in more depth you would find the answers for yourself.
I asked for opinions and everyone is being oddly evasive or sarcastic.
no one has yet stated the claims I mentioned were false.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I asked for opinions and everyone is being oddly evasive or sarcastic.
no one has yet stated the claims I mentioned were false.
If a Canadian said 'hey, I read that in the UK Christmas is banned, prisoners have more rights than ordinary folks, and you can't fly the St George flag' wouldn't you respond in the same way? You're reading sensationalist stuff (think the Daily Mail, but probably even worse) so take it with a pinch of salt.

And re-read Scilly's post above, where she addresses the claims properly for you.
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:47 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

"Trump isn’t affecting parents lives" unless they're Mexican or too poor to afford health insurance.
"arresting people for pronoun misuse" maybe not but, How President Trump Has Affected LGBTQ RIghts | Time
"diminishing free speech". what do you call attacking the press and calling them the enemy of america.

You really do need to stop reading EDL monthly and try some other news outlets...
Old Jan 6th 2019, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scilly
Yes, a so-called terrorist did receive a multi-million payout from the Feds

read this to find out why .....

https://globalnews.ca/news/3573619/o...-compensation/

He spent 10 years in Guantanamo Bay having been arrested by the US at the age of 15 ........ a child soldier forced into war by his fathe rand because of the following taken from the above news item. ...........

So far as I know, no child has been taken away from its parents because of desiring to wear clothing of the opposite sex. In fact, quite the contrary is happening ................ schools HAVE to make provision for such children.

That's what I meant by fake news ...... you've been watching too much news on-line

You also have to get your head around the fact that Canada is a FEDERATION of provinces ......as such each province has control over many aspects, including education, law, welfare benefits, etc etc.

Much of what you seem to be quoting is provincial not Federation, so you can't blame Trudeau for what Doug Ford does in ON, John Horgan in BC, or Francois Legault in Quebec

Of course, it if disturbs you, you don't have to come here, you know.

It IS a different country to, and completely separate from, the UK!
Thank you for the response.

The article mentions a servicemen can be awarded 350k as a maximum for being wounded in battle. I presume that covers permanent disability. The award of $10m seems disproportionate, and he did kill, child solider or not. I could be forced to go to war, doesn’t mean I have to shoot or throw a grenade at someone. 15 is old enough to understand that, and a lot of leftists seem to think children much younger than that can make adult decisions about their gender.

The news wasn’t fake, it does give the government the right to remove a child, it’s only been active since 2017 so the fact no one has been taken away yet isn’t all that surprising.

Akso I wasn’t Trudeau blaming and I did state in my thread title, Trudeau and left wing laws....I meant it generally, not to say he’s responsible for all of it. I meant to label it as two different things, sorry for the confusion.

i just found some of the responses odd, is it a sensitive non PC topic? People seemed evasive and playing it down. No one has commented on returning ISIS fighters too.

The UK has questionable laws too but some don’t really affect my ability to say what I believe (yet) especially in regards to getting into legal trouble for the wrong pronoun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.