Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Croakers 2017

Celebrity Croakers 2017

Old Dec 27th 2017, 2:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Celebrity Croakers 2017

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Johnny Bower, Maple Leafs legend at 93: Maple Leafs legend Johnny Bower dead at 93 | CBC Sports
When I was a youngster at Waskesiu during the summers he ran the ice cream parlour and 2 of my sisters worked for him there (he also had one in Saskatoon called Johnny's Igloo), and he bought the Red Deer Motel in Waskesiu as well during the early 60's. He was a really nice man, and often took time to sit with the customers while they had their ice cream or floats and answer their questions about the trophies ringing the walls up on a shelf. He always seemed to have time, even for the kids, and enjoyed himself. He was my sports hero when I was a kid.
Old Dec 27th 2017, 2:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
When I was a youngster at Waskesiu during the summers he ran the ice cream parlour and 2 of my sisters worked for him there (he also had one in Saskatoon called Johnny's Igloo), and he bought the Red Deer Motel in Waskesiu as well during the early 60's. He was a really nice man, and often took time to sit with the customers while they had their ice cream or floats and answer their questions about the trophies ringing the walls up on a shelf. He always seemed to have time, even for the kids, and enjoyed himself. He was my sports hero when I was a kid.
That's lovely, from all accounts it seems he really was a stand-up guy, a real class-act.

I never met him, but his daughter Cindy lived up the street from me when I was a teenager, and she was certainly well-liked in the area. Didn't live there all that long and I only met her once.
Old Jan 3rd 2018, 1:53 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Alrighty, so with 2017 all done, here are the final standings!

First place: SchnookoLoly - 291 points, 5 deaths
Second place: DaveLovesDee - 279 points, 4 deaths
Third place: bats - 211 points, 4 deaths

The remaining standings:
withabix - 156 points, 3 deaths
haggis88 - 155 points, 4 deaths
Oakvillian - 102 points, 2 deaths

The 2018 thread is here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/maple...2018-a-906761/

Well done, everyone!