mini cooper
62.50%
mazda3 sport
12.50%
nissan versa - hatchback
3.13%
toyota matrix
6.25%
pontiac vibe (yes, I know it's a matrix, really)
3.13%
suggestion?
12.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

which car for hwp?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:20 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink which car for hwp?

I'm in the market for a car. This will mainly be for in-city use... some highway driving. No commuting. No spog n' dog schlepping.

Important to me: interior sound (I mean in terms of road road/engine noise), safety, fun, heated seats , being able to see well.

Somewhat: audio system, highway driving, cool colour choices .

I don't care about: backseat comfort, navigation stuff, fuel economy (meaning... I'm happy with my short list – I wouldn’t make a decision from my short list based on mileage).

Any comments about these cars? Am I overlooking any? I like hatchbacks as they suit my needs but I've also had the chance to drive a Mini Cooper lately and I love it... so I'm sort of willing to forgo practicalities for pure fun ... if I can still carry a kayak. I think...

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Apr 15th 2008 at 6:23 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:23 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: which car for hwp?

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'm in the market for a car. This will mainly be for in-city use... some highway driving. No commuting. No spog n' dog schlepping.

Important to me: interior sound (I mean in terms of road road/engine noise), safety, fun, heated seats , being able to see well.

Somewhat: audio system, highway driving, cool colour choices .

I don't care about: backseat comfort, navigation stuff, fuel economy (meaning... I'm happy with my short list – I wouldn’t make a decision from my short list based on mileage).

Any comments about these cars? Am I overlooking any? I like hatchbacks as they suit my needs but I've also had the chance to drive a Mini Cooper lately and I love it... so I'm sort of willing to forgo practicalities for pure fun ... if I can still carry a kayak. I think...
Honda Fit......you can put a surfboard in it and the visibility is great! Only old people and me have them in the UK but they are great!!

(I know you will ignore this, no probs!)
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:26 pm

Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

G586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond reputeG586 has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't have to be the Cooper, you can get the one down and have it re-chipped or whatever they do to it.....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by G586
Honda Fit......

Bazzz already covered that in his suggestion.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:31 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.cellinifinegifts.com/fmgr...lowerpower.jpg

can see you in one of these?!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bazzz already covered that in his suggestion.
Pah, better than a BMW that dare not speak it's name......
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:33 pm

It doesn't have to be the Cooper, you can get the one down and have it re-chipped or whatever they do to it.....
eh?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

eh?
the engine performance is managed with a chip and that is the real difference between the models.....I'm sure someone round here is more of a petrol head and can explain better....

It's cheaper to re-chip to get extra performance than buy the Cooper...

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/t...p?h=0&t=298353

Last edited by G586; Apr 15th 2008 at 6:40 pm. Reason: added link
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:39 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

From your list, given your criteria....

Mini, as long as you can live with the odd ergonomics and the slightly dodgy quality record.

Civic Coupe (Si?) should be on that list too I think, at least for a test drive. I really like my civic sedan. but i have to worry about sprogs in the back and it seems based on recent developments that a minivan is now in my future...

Last edited by iaink; Apr 15th 2008 at 6:43 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
can see you in one of these?!

Until the fog from the dash-bong blocks the view...
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:44 pm
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Out of that list I would probably go for the Mini Cooper

As for suggestions - I bought a Hyundai Tiberon. This isnt my actual car but this is what it looks like:

So far it has been great. It came with a 5 year bumper-to-bumper warrantee which very few were offering at the time and cost $26k tax in. I've had it 2 years so far and havent ever had to take it to the garage other than for a routine service. Unfortunately I'm finding it less practical since we got a Bernese Mountain dog who currently weighs 97 pounds. I might sell it if you are interested.
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Get the mini cooper HWP !

http://www.mini.com/ca/en/mini_cabri...walk/index.jsp

the engine performance is managed with a chip and that is the real difference between the models.....I'm sure someone round here is more of a petrol head and can explain better....

It's cheaper to re-chip to get extra performance than buy the Cooper...

http://www.pistonheads.com/GASSING/t...p?h=0&t=298353

I'm not sure if that translates to North America. I dunno... beyond my understanding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.