Cannabis

Old Oct 7th 2016, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cannabis

Originally Posted by dbd33
Won't it be less available after legalization than now? Presumably there will be some sort of government store, like the LCBO, which opens limited hours. If your stash runs out at 2am on Monday you'll be stuffed until 9; no more calling for someone to bicycle round to your house on demand.
This is why I think the black market won't be completely put out of business. Convenience is key.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 2:35 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
Yes, you would rather Doctor's prescribe highly addictive opioid medication instead of low THC cannabis oil for pain relief.

I will give you some credit and say that I'm sure you typed that wrongly and you meant to to say "Would you rather prescribe.....? You have absolutely no idea of my prescribing practices and presumption as to how I practice as a doctor is simply guesswork on your part.

Aside from my GP work in the UK, I had extensive training in substance misuse and was one of the three medical officers for the largest residential drug and alcohol centres in Europe. Obviously this covered all the usual suspects, crack, heroin, other opioids crystalmeth ketamine, benzos, the list goes on but also those abusing marijuana and I often encountered drug related psychosis .

I have no huge problem if you want to waste your money on cannabis oil for a bit of a hurtie knee but don't come to me or some other doctor,with pen in hand waving a form to get "snake oil."Me, I would do the more sensible thing and see a physio.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 2:53 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
I will give you some credit and say that I'm sure you typed that wrongly and you meant to to say "Would you rather prescribe.....? You have absolutely no idea of my prescribing practices and presumption as to how I practice as a doctor is simply guesswork on your part.

Aside from my GP work in the UK, I had extensive training in substance misuse and was one of the three medical officers for the largest residential drug and alcohol centres in Europe. Obviously this covered all the usual suspects, crack, heroin, other opioids crystalmeth ketamine, benzos, the list goes on but also those abusing marijuana and I often encountered drug related psychosis .

I have no huge problem if you want to waste your money on cannabis oil for a bit of a hurtie knee but don't come to me or some other doctor,with pen in hand waving a form to get "snake oil."Me, I would do the more sensible thing and see a physio.
Yes it was not directed at you but BC Doctor's in general. There seems to be an opioid crisis in BC right now.

http://www.bcmj.org/presidents-comme...ve-and-support

I know you have strong views on the subject so I won't waste keyboard strokes debating a bottle of oxycontin vs medical marijuana. But you have to admit, that for some people, weed relieves pain. Placebo effect or not.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Freshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond reputeFreshwhyte has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it was not directed at you but BC Doctor's in general. There seems to be an opioid crisis in BC right now.

I know you have strong views on the subject so I won't waste keyboard strokes debating a bottle of oxycontin vs medical marijuana. But you have to admit, that for some people, weed relieves pain. Placebo effect or not.
Not only BC but everywhere in Canada and the U.S....that stuff is pure evil, destroys lives and needs to be banned or be met with significantly more control.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 4:26 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

My issue here is one of personal safety and a recognition that there are many out there who refuse to accept that 'soft' drugs, including alcohol and cannabis, alter the thinking process.

There should be no argument that anyone driving a 2 tonne battering ram on a public highway needs to be able to think clearly in order to process information and make decisions in a rational manner, but daily I see evidence of reckless behaviour.

As I have said before, I've no views on the private use of drugs. If you want to kill yourself then go ahead, that's your privilege, just don't do it behind a steering wheel.

I've never understood the social stand on drink and drug driving. In my view causing death, or any other harm, when driving and knowingly drugged should be treated no differently than other crimes involving other weapons.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:35 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Freshwhyte
Not only BC but everywhere in Canada and the U.S....that stuff is pure evil, destroys lives and needs to be banned or be met with significantly more control.
I will keep it brief as I am losing the will to live on this. I absolutely agree with the pair of you- I hate oxycodone and similar being doled out like smarties by doctors, I was shocked when I moved jobs over here. I strictly limit my opioids prescribing and regularly drug test. Diversion is a huge problem. Fentanyl has been around for decades. Drug users are playing russian roulette taking drugs cut with it often a synthetised high concentration version drug which often kills.- some people may say no loss
I have no control if people smoke cigs, do weed, drink 12 bottles of beer per night, eat Timmies do-nutser dayit is likely to do harm over time but it hacks me off that marijuana has put up as a panacea of all cures because people want to medicalise it's use, for a sore toe, a vague sense of unease or relieving an attack of the colly-wobbles. Sorry Danny, that is simply BS.

Last edited by Stinkypup; Oct 8th 2016 at 2:42 am.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:37 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by dave_j
My issue here is one of personal safety and a recognition that there are many out there who refuse to accept that 'soft' drugs, including alcohol and cannabis, alter the thinking process.

There should be no argument that anyone driving a 2 tonne battering ram on a public highway needs to be able to think clearly in order to process information and make decisions in a rational manner, but daily I see evidence of reckless behaviour.

As I have said before, I've no views on the private use of drugs. If you want to kill yourself then go ahead, that's your privilege, just don't do it behind a steering wheel.

I've never understood the social stand on drink and drug driving. In my view causing death, or any other harm, when driving and knowingly drugged should be treated no differently than other crimes involving other weapons.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Specifically as regards alcohol and driving, I don't think it's our place to comment. It's not the done thing in the UK. It is the done thing here. We should accept the cultural difference and not try to impose a foreign view on the local populace. Still, I wish drivers wouldn't fling their empty bottles and cans out of the window, it's a bother collecting them.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:54 am
I need a walk

Specifically as regards alcohol and driving, I don't think it's our place to comment. It's not the done thing in the UK. It is the done thing here. We should accept the cultural difference and not try to impose a foreign view on the local populace. Still, I wish drivers wouldn't fling their empty bottles and cans out of the window, it's a bother collecting them.
You scamp
Old Oct 8th 2016, 4:27 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I live here. I have a right to comment.

I drive my grandchildren to school, they have a right to live.

I have a right to drive along a road without being mangled by a truck driven by an idiot who doesn't know what time of day it is because he's stoned.

The 'cultural defense' carries no more weight in canadian courts of law than in the UK.

This is a serious issue and pandering to popular opinion does you no credit.
Old Oct 8th 2016, 2:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Prescribed opiates, I wonder how high the percentage of patients getting maintenance doses is who are poly-addicts and take whatever they can get on the black market in addition? If they aren't getting tested and still receiving narcotics, the scrip might not even be half of what they're taking, and they only come to attention when hospitalised.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:10 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by caretaker
Re: Prescribed opiates, I wonder how high the percentage of patients getting maintenance doses is who are poly-addicts and take whatever they can get on the black market in addition? If they aren't getting tested and still receiving narcotics, the scrip might not even be half of what they're taking, and they only come to attention when hospitalised.
Usually it is the other way round- our nan gets her percocets prescribed then our Billy swipes a few and flogs them to his mate Gavin.
One of life's questions-Why is it always the sleeping pills or T3s that are "knocked into the toilet or eaten by the poor unfortunate dog"rather than Thyroxine , or laxatives? It must be a really weird coincidence!
Old Oct 9th 2016, 12:54 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

I accidentally knocked about 20 cipralex down my bathroom sink once
Old Oct 9th 2016, 1:08 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Usually it is the other way round- our nan gets her percocets prescribed then our Billy swipes a few and flogs them to his mate Gavin.
One of life's questions-Why is it always the sleeping pills or T3s that are "knocked into the toilet or eaten by the poor unfortunate dog"rather than Thyroxine , or laxatives? It must be a really weird coincidence!
On my block Nan keeps her lock box at someone else's house so the park bears don't get her juice/morphine/oxywhatever. They have ads on tv for Billy and Gavin's nans. One thing I've noticed at work is less evidence of extascy being taken to dances. Factoring in that we have fewer rave type events it's still been a long time and a good sign.
Old Oct 9th 2016, 2:56 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I will keep it brief as I am losing the will to live on this. I absolutely agree with the pair of you- I hate oxycodone and similar being doled out like smarties by doctors, I was shocked when I moved jobs over here. I strictly limit my opioids prescribing and regularly drug test. Diversion is a huge problem. Fentanyl has been around for decades. Drug users are playing russian roulette taking drugs cut with it often a synthetised high concentration version drug which often kills.- some people may say no loss
I have no control if people smoke cigs, do weed, drink 12 bottles of beer per night, eat Timmies do-nutser dayit is likely to do harm over time but it hacks me off that marijuana has put up as a panacea of all cures because people want to medicalise it's use, for a sore toe, a vague sense of unease or relieving an attack of the colly-wobbles. Sorry Danny, that is simply BS.
My missus was given a prescription for hydromorphane about a decade ago, after fairly major surgery. I saw what the first one did and took the rest away. I kept them in my pocket until I could get them to a pharmacy for destruction.

We had a constant flow of teenagers in our house and they probably knew the street value of those pills. I just got temptation out of the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.