Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Cancer Awareness Gone Wrong

Cancer Awareness Gone Wrong

Old Oct 15th 2011, 12:05 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cancer Awareness Gone Wrong

Some one probably thought this was a good idea, but didn't think it through With everything in the news these days, walking around with one of these, is just sending out the wrong message

Spoiler:
http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111013/bc_I_love_boobies_ban_111013/20111014/?hub=BritishColumbiaHome
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:29 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cancer Awareness Gone Wrong

There were interviews with school kids on local radio yesterday, and they communicated very clearly why they'd purchased the bracelets, the motivation behind the cause etc. Several had relatives or family friends that had suffered with breast cancer, and they understood why the fund raising was important.

The schools have missed an opportunity to educate and help the cause benefit in a positive way by being heavy handed, and from the interviews I heard, not appreciating that kids are more discerning and educated about the language being used than they appreciate.

Either way, the campaign organizers must be very happy with the publicity.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 4:08 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Although I don't personally have one of these awareness bracelets, my daughter (16) asked me to get her one, to show her support for breast cancer awareness.

One of the girls I work with was asked to remove the bracelet while on the shop floor. If you have actually seen these bracelets on you will realise that you can't actually read the whole thing without twisting it around, those that would be offended by it would be the ones that had to be told what was on it and those that had never had any dealings with anyone with cancer - very rare these days unfortunately.

Anything that raises awareness of any cancer is good imho.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:47 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

It's the shock factor that people are going for, kinda like the FCxK apparels

It ain't cool anymore
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:53 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ultrarunner
It's the shock factor that people are going for, kinda like the FCxK apparels

It ain't cool anymore
As usual I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you at least make an effort to be slightly coherent?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:03 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As usual I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you at least make an effort to be slightly coherent?
I think he actually was which is the scary thing
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I think he actually was which is the scary thing
Are you looking to pick a fight?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 11:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ah....you still reading my posts then? Keeping beating yourself up, I'll leave it to Spurs to further add to your misery
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:01 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ah....you still reading my posts then? Keeping beating yourself up, I'll leave it to Spurs to further add to your misery
As I think Alan remarked, you are far too hilarious to ignore. One hopes to learn more of the human condition by reading the work of deprived intellects.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:24 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Are you looking to pick a fight?
I don't know, are you looking to justify your manliness by, out of everyone that has ridiculed your posts, choosing a woman to ask if she's looking for a fight?

Last edited by mandymoochops; Oct 16th 2011 at 3:28 am.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:24 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Kids are more likely to wear a bracelt that says I love boobies than a pink one, it appeals to the "cheeky" side of all. Both my kids have them, boy and girl. Their grandma has had bc and rhey want to help find a cure . I don't see it as a problem at all, anything that raises awareness is fanb in muy book.

Ps leave moochops alons or the girls will get upset and u really don't want to upset the bored housewives !
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:50 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

One question though, how much more aware can people be of breast cancer? There's endless campaigns for breast cancer awareness. I think everyone's aware of it now. What about campaigns to increase awareness of other forms of cancer? Prostate, testicular and any of the hundreds of other forms that kill people if not treated promptly? Well prostate isn't an immediate killer, but many others are.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:44 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
One question though, how much more aware can people be of breast cancer? There's endless campaigns for breast cancer awareness. I think everyone's aware of it now. What about campaigns to increase awareness of other forms of cancer? Prostate, testicular and any of the hundreds of other forms that kill people if not treated promptly? Well prostate isn't an immediate killer, but many others are.
Id be quite happy to wear one with I LOVE NUTS or I LOVE GLANDS too
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:44 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
I'd like to see a Bile Duct cancer awareness thing.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 4:19 pm
Queen of my house

tamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond reputetamms_1965 has a reputation beyond repute

A girl I know is in the top 40 for 5 college scholarships of a substantial amount. One of the determiners is hit count on youtube of part of her cancer awareness video. If you have a sec, could you check it out?

http://www.youtube.com/user/daytonbc.../2/zf9hKi0ik0M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.