Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Canadian Govt website

Canadian Govt website

Old Jul 28th 2006, 12:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Canadian Govt website

Why the fricking hell isnt the canadian govt website compatible for both Macs and PCs. Bloody hell I had to download IE on my powerbook to be able to use it.

With all the fricking bloody taxes we have to pay every year, surely they could afford to make it compatible for both.

Rant over - sorry!
Old Jul 28th 2006, 1:37 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Govt website

Originally Posted by willmore
Why the fricking hell isnt the canadian govt website compatible for both Macs and PCs. Bloody hell I had to download IE on my powerbook to be able to use it.

With all the fricking bloody taxes we have to pay every year, surely they could afford to make it compatible for both.

Rant over - sorry!
So really it's not a case of incompatibility with Macs it's only compatible with Internet Explorer.
Old Jul 28th 2006, 1:46 am
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

and what do you mean, pie charts aren't fun??
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hangman
So really it's not a case of incompatibility with Macs it's only compatible with Internet Explorer.
...but given that Micro$oft don't support or even make IE for Mac anymore, you could argue it Willmore's way http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_for_Mac

Willmore, what site doesn't work? I haven't had problems with any government site on an Intel core duo thingy iMac running 10.4.7. Time for you to upgrade to that new Macbook methinks
Old Jul 28th 2006, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by koogar
and what do you mean, pie charts aren't fun??
mmmmmmmm especially Strawberry/Rhubarb with icecream

Oh...sorry, wrong 'pie' (but I never was good at math)