Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

can you buy a record player

can you buy a record player

Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

1725tell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can you buy a record player

any body tell me whether you can buy a record player to play my old records on. i have ditched loads of stuff, but it seems that i cant throw my records away, too much sentimental memories
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can you buy a record player

Originally Posted by 1725tell
any body tell me whether you can buy a record player to play my old records on. i have ditched loads of stuff, but it seems that i cant throw my records away, too much sentimental memories
You can certainly buy them in Toronto. I'm not sure if they have them in Calgary yet but, if not, you could probably mail order one from here.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 12:51 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

EBay.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:20 pm
Canadiain

Notiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud ofNotiaink...honest has much to be proud of

You can get high end ones at high end hifi stores, and there are always flyers for those crap plastic "convert your records into MP3 file" USB ones in with my HBC bill.

Somewherein the middle The Sony Store will sell you a player for $180ish.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
You can certainly buy them in Toronto. I'm not sure if they have them in Calgary yet but, if not, you could probably mail order one from here.
The electric versions are still not available in Calgary dbd, but the 'wind up' ones are.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
The electric versions are still not available in Calgary dbd, but the 'wind up' ones are.
I wish I knew what happened to mine, I expect somewhere a woman is cranking my handle.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I wish I knew what happened to mine, I expect somewhere a woman is cranking my handle.
You wish.
Or it's in a landfill.

I got one of them handle crankers I bought from somewhere or another.
If I'm really in the mood and they ask if I got any music I bring it down, put it on the table and put on a 78 and crank it up, I get laughs for about 3 milliseconds then have to lug it back the small bedroom again.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by steve666
You wish.
Or it's in a landfill.

I got one of them handle crankers I bought from somewhere or another.
If I'm really in the mood and they ask if I got any music I bring it down, put it on the table and put on a 78 and crank it up, I get laughs for about 3 milliseconds then have to lug it back the small bedroom again.
Lack of variety was a problem, I only had 3 78s. I liked the Hoagy Carmichael one but I can't imagine he gets many spins whichever one of them ended up with the machine.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1725tell

Certainly and they're are even electric too, no more hand cranking for us.

London Drugs has a Sony for $149.99 on their website.

You can most likely get one at any of the Sony stores or the high end stereo stores in town.

Cheers
Steve