Breakfast Choices

Old Mar 20th 2018, 11:19 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

There's nothing quite like having to be up and out early, walking out in the cold to an appointment, and back by 8.00am for a hearty breakfast.

Eggs in purgatory (ish) and toast. Delish.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 3:37 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Sausage and eggs on toast, chips and in the interest of economy (using the bit of cheese I left out last night), Welsh rarebit. And because I use a little beer in rarebit, (in the interest of economy), a beer.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 9:37 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Defrosting kippers for tomorrow's opening game.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 11:06 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Shouldn't you be having Borscht?
Old Jun 13th 2018, 11:54 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Shouldn't you be having Borscht?
I don't like borscht
Old Jun 14th 2018, 12:54 am
Oscar nominated

I don't like borscht
If the Soviet Union hadn't broken up I'd have suggested Chicken Kiev.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 1:06 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Kippers is a good idea, but I just defrost the package in a sink of cold water for 15 minutes. Since I find myself kippers deficient it's time to go buy a couple of packs for the freezer.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by caretaker
Kippers is a good idea, but I just defrost the package in a sink of cold water for 15 minutes. Since I find myself kippers deficient it's time to go buy a couple of packs for the freezer.

What's the way you cook them?
Old Jun 14th 2018, 12:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

What's the way you cook them?
I poach them first in milk and water to get some of the salt out, but not for too long because they have to stay together, then fry in butter until golden and the skin side is a bit crispy. If you eat the skin check them first and cut off any bits of fin.
Old Jun 14th 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by caretaker
I poach them first in milk and water to get some of the salt out, but not for too long because they have to stay together, then fry in butter until golden and the skin side is a bit crispy. If you eat the skin check them first and cut off any bits of fin.
Thank you, the milk is being readied for the poach.
Old Aug 5th 2018, 5:17 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Blueberry pancakes and bacon.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 1:43 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Welsh rarebit.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 2:05 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

When I'm home, cereal or toast. When I'm on holiday, the entire hotel breakfast buffet.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 2:29 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Since the stroke - a poached egg or a boiled egg (no salt for either), 1 slice wholegrain toast cut in halves (no grease - garlic puree as a replacement) 1/2 of the toast with 1/2 teaspoon of sodium free peanut butter and the other half either with the egg or with about 1/2 teaspoon of pressed cottage cheese (low sodium version) - large glass of water, small decaf coffee.

Oh for the days of a full English then toast and marmalade or else bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon, sigh.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 3:33 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Oh for the days of a full English then toast and marmalade or else bagels, cream cheese and smoked salmon, sigh.
So my step 1 (butter in the pan for the roux) would disallow it for you.... it's not right. Sadistic diet imo, I'd be agitating for healthy but good; Greek salad, the occasional small steak.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.