Breakfast Choices

Old Oct 20th 2017, 6:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Breakfast Choices

Originally Posted by Oink
Haven't had the fortitude to peak in my lunch bag yet.
I think you mean peek.

To peak in your lunch bag conjures up a rather different image.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:15 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I think you mean peek.

To peak in your lunch bag conjures up a rather different image.
I did but by the looks of its content, someone else might have.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:50 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Today was a new low, there was nothing identifiable as food so I just chucked my breakfast in the composting bin on the way out to work. Haven't had the fortitude to peak in my lunch bag yet.
I have to go to work early, but Saturday may be a good day for kippers and toast with a beer or perhaps a little whiskey... you're welcome to have breakfast vicariously through me if you'd like.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 7:59 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I have to go to work early, but Saturday may be a good day for kippers and toast with a beer or perhaps a little whiskey... you're welcome to have breakfast vicariously through me if you'd like.
Ooh, good call, I think I could persuade the authorities that kippers on Sunday are in keeping with the spirit of the regime. Of course the toast and beer are non-negiotable.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:09 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, good call, I think I could persuade the authorities that kippers on Sunday are in keeping with the spirit of the regime. Of course the toast and beer are non-negiotable.
But it's absolutley central to the whole experience, what the hell? A wine and cheese with no wine, tea and crumpets without tea... Get up early and have kippers and toast and a beer and a shot then wake her up with a big kiss. Sludge is just wrong. Get a transfer from that axle grease and start making kimchi for probiotic health. This is what I had this morning.
Attached Thumbnails Breakfast Choices-20171020_063913.jpg  
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:35 pm

But it's absolutley central to the whole experience, what the hell? A wine and cheese with no wine, tea and crumpets without tea... Get up early and have kippers and toast and a beer and a shot then wake her up with a big kiss. Sludge is just wrong. Get a transfer from that axle grease and start making kimchi for probiotic health. This is what I had this morning.
She's booked a posh holiday in the sun, so I think the current austerity policy had got something to do with that.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 8:54 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

She's booked a posh holiday in the sun, so I think the current austerity policy had got something to do with that.
Soylent Green, you posted a picture - mmmmmmm.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 1:48 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I had the leftover corned beef hash with 2 fried eggs on top, Frank's Red Hot, pumpernickle toast and a can of cold beer. Damn, it was good. What makes corned beef hash deluxe is the addition of mushrooms and tomatoes, rather than just potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. The little $2 can of Mario's Corned Beef from Dollarama does it for 2 meals, and that's real economy!
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

I had the leftover corned beef hash with 2 fried eggs on top, Frank's Red Hot, pumpernickle toast and a can of cold beer. Damn, it was good. What makes corned beef hash deluxe is the addition of mushrooms and tomatoes, rather than just potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. The little $2 can of Mario's Corned Beef from Dollarama does it for 2 meals, and that's real economy!
A man of superb taste- fried eggs on corned beef hash, are you married? 😉
Old Nov 4th 2017, 9:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

I have been scouring the internet for CBH recipes that have tomatoes and mushrooms but cant find any, will you share your recipe with us , please.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 9:40 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
I have been scouring the internet for CBH recipes that have tomatoes and mushrooms but cant find any, will you share your recipe with us , please.
Certainly, add tomatoes and mushrooms. A skid-row hotel restaurant in Regina in the 70's (the Hotel Lotus), had corned beef hash on Wednesdays, and it had tomatoes and big pieces of mushrooms, and I suppose that's where I got it from. It was better than mine, real corned beef!

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 4th 2017 at 9:43 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Fresh or canned and at what point do you put them in
Old Nov 4th 2017, 10:01 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cheltonian
Fresh or canned and at what point do you put them in
Fresh, I've never thought about a recipe..I guess you'd add them last. You cook the potatoes and carrots in advance and let them chill, then in a skillet sautee the onion and garlic in oil or bacon fat, add the mushrooms then the cubed corned beef and cubed potatoes and carrots, (lots of stirring) then the chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. It happens pretty fast, which is one reason for it's popularity. Not too many rules, I think it's hobo food.

Last edited by caretaker; Nov 4th 2017 at 10:10 pm. Reason: sheer love of editing
Old Nov 16th 2017, 4:35 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

I don't just pile pancakes in a stack then put butter and syrup on them, I put butter and syrup on each as it goes on the plate so it's evenly distributed throughout. The grease from my sausages was sufficient for cooking the first 2 pancakes, but then I had to whisk a little forkfull of bacon fat out of the can on the stove into the skillet for the last one.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 11:52 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

I don't just pile pancakes in a stack then put butter and syrup on them, I put butter and syrup on each as it goes on the plate so it's evenly distributed throughout. The grease from my sausages was sufficient for cooking the first 2 pancakes, but then I had to whisk a little forkfull of bacon fat out of the can on the stove into the skillet for the last one.
I should hope not !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.