Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:25 am
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Books that changed your lives - or at least made you think!

All of Robert Heinlein's works before he went slightly off his head.

Catch 22 naturally.

"Mayfair" from the 1970's to early 80's
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:46 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Caitilin
thank you for validating my choice in reading material. I'm so glad you respect my choice together iwth everyone elses.
If you feel like a little melancholy fantasy anytime try the Gormenghast Trilogy by Mervyn Peake. It's hardgoing sometimes but if you can manage what you have I think you'll enjoy it.

The Beeb did a miniseries based on it with what I'm reliably informed as a hottie playing Steerpike - the same guy playing Henry VIII in the Tudors atm - except he actually has to act in this instance.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Caitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond reputeCaitilin has a reputation beyond repute

thank you windward i'll look into that for my next amazon order.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caitilin
thank you windward i'll look into that for my next amazon order.
not unless you can read it before you go, too much packing
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:32 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
No, it's not that. It's just that my fantasies are much more interesting.

Hang on, I'll look for a link.
Could you legally post a link to your fantasies Mr Novo! Then again, mines are running to Mike Holmes (as in Holmes on Homes) and I'll leave the rest to your imagination - he's lush!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsLauder99
Could you legally post a link to your fantasies Mr Novo! Then again, mines are running to Mike Holmes (as in Holmes on Homes) and I'll leave the rest to your imagination - he's lush!!!
Hunk and does DIY i like it
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:49 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

MrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really niceMrsLauder99 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
Hunk and does DIY i like it
Your so right!! I'm just a bit disappointed he works out of ONT and not Calgary!!!!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Your so right!! I'm just a bit disappointed he works out of ONT and not Calgary!!!!!
I didn't know that yahoo i am going East
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Souv told me that Mike Holmes is much shorter in real life.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Souv told me that Mike Holmes is much shorter in real life.
I don't care he is a hunk, he can come and check out my DIY anyday
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:52 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
I don't care he is a hunk, he can come and check out my DIY anyday

You sound like a woman who's in need of some caulk.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
You sound like a woman who's in need of some caulk.
if its with Holmes then caulk away
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:04 pm
Sloopy Dippinsprinkles

So the next book to change your life Coffeepot is Mike Holmes and how best to use Caulk when sorting out your plumbing
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So the next book to change your life Coffeepot is Mike Holmes and how best to use Caulk when sorting out your plumbing
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:34 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

The Shakespeare they made me read in high school. Hated It! Its not because I couldn't understand it, because I could. Except for some good one liners, these plays were pointless. Thats taught me to always question the experts! Oh, and VC Andrews books, totally messed my head when I was an adolescent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.