Bike mad people?

Old May 25th 2017, 12:43 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike mad people?

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It had had a complete overhaul before we got it, I suspect he popped to much two stroke in the petrol tank (he suggested I did the same) after the engine rebuild, we will dilute the petrol and clean the plugs (when it stops raining again).

Thanks for the advice. It's weird there wasn't something to keep the peg out the way while kickstarting as my leg automatically went to move the peg (or maybe it was positioning itself out of danger lol)
So is it pre mix ? Should be an auto lube bike. Or did he pre mix for running in? Which is the wrong thing to do.

Check that the auto lube system is set up if it is then you are ok.
You can run it on a dash of pre mixed fuel in a washing up bottle, pull the auto lube pipes and check oil is moving along the pipes.

Then put some gas in it and run it as normal. Running to much oil is not good for the motor. Just so u know, the oil thickens the fuel and the bike will run too lean, that will lead to a hole in a piston. That can happen in a few miles too so be careful when messing with the factory recommendations for mixture

Also get some really good two stroke oil, I used Silcoleen pro 2 back in the day. Pricey stuff, but great for the motor and smells Devine

Last edited by magnumpi; May 25th 2017 at 12:48 am.
Old May 25th 2017, 4:12 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It's autolube, but he put some in the tank too for running in. They race 2 strokes - he has a TZR250 race bike. I'll not add anymore oil to the tank, do you think I should get OH to drain it? There is maybe 1/4 tank of gas in there.
Old May 25th 2017, 4:15 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Oh we also got the insurance bill through, $900 a year full coverage for RD, Harley, and Hyosung, took my Kawasaki off as we will more than likely sell it now.
Old May 25th 2017, 1:14 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Fresh gas, Get the bike running, make sure there are bubbles moving along in the auto lube tube or remove a tube and check the oil is pumping. That is really important just for your own minds sake.

If they race bikes then they will be pre mixing. It's amazing how many people I talk to who think extra oil is good for the engine when its the opposite, choosing the right oil is the main concern.

Hopefully the plugs are just oiled up. U will need new plugs. Get standard plugs first as the platinum tipped expensive plugs don't work well for a flooded engine.

Good luck
Old May 25th 2017, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Fresh gas, Get the bike running, make sure there are bubbles moving along in the auto lube tube or remove a tube and check the oil is pumping. That is really important just for your own minds sake.

If they race bikes then they will be pre mixing. It's amazing how many people I talk to who think extra oil is good for the engine when its the opposite, choosing the right oil is the main concern.

Hopefully the plugs are just oiled up. U will need new plugs. Get standard plugs first as the platinum tipped expensive plugs don't work well for a flooded engine.

Good luck

Thank you for the info, I will tell hubby and hopefully this weekend we will have time to sort it out in between tree removal (big storm lots of trees down, thankfully no damage). The oil in it is Lucas semi synthetic. Any good?
Old May 25th 2017, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thank you for the info, I will tell hubby and hopefully this weekend we will have time to sort it out in between tree removal (big storm lots of trees down, thankfully no damage). The oil in it is Lucas semi synthetic. Any good?
It's ok, 7/10. I am sure u won't be full throttling it for a good few miles yet. When it needs a top up get the Silcoleen Pro 2, it's fully synthetic and the best for your bike 10/10

I stripped my 250 racer down after a season after using Pro2 and it was perfect, even had a gold coating on the piston skirt, barrel and ports :@)

Edit: I had a look see if Pro 2 was available here in Canada, it is, I noted it's pre mix only, you may have to use "Comp 2 Plus " for your auto lube system. You will love the burn smell !!

Last edited by magnumpi; May 25th 2017 at 10:55 pm.
Old Jun 4th 2017, 3:20 pm

Finished adding the extras I picked up yesterday, back rests, bigger rear foot pegs and bags and removed the Perspex screen:wind jammer giving it a more retro look
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-img_0005.jpg  
Old Jun 4th 2017, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Finished adding the extras I picked up yesterday, back rests, bigger rear foot pegs and bags and removed the Perspex screen:wind jammer giving it a more retro look
Looks really really lovely. Mine is still locked in the garage as OH has bought something else that he wants to play with - slightly frustrated here in Alberta
Old Jun 4th 2017, 10:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

I'll use any excuse, but this seems like a genuine good one:
Old Jun 5th 2017, 12:39 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

I was bike mad on Friday evening. No, actually I was mad at bikers. It's spring so the Loud Pipe Harley F***wads are out. Two started up their mighty steeds, and roared off down the street as me and my 5 year old were walking by, making such a racket that she was reduced to tears. Mighty steeds. Tiny dicks. Loud Pipes are a safety feature. Are they ****.

Newfoundland seems to be majorly afflicted with middle aged gut heavy men who are Sons of Anarchy wannabees in chaps. So much so that the most popular boys name is Jaxxon or some such similarly crappy name that I believe is associated with that show. Sad beyond belief.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 2:40 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
I was bike mad on Friday evening. No, actually I was mad at bikers. It's spring so the Loud Pipe Harley F***wads are out. Two started up their mighty steeds, and roared off down the street as me and my 5 year old were walking by, making such a racket that she was reduced to tears. Mighty steeds. Tiny dicks. Loud Pipes are a safety feature. Are they ****.

Newfoundland seems to be majorly afflicted with middle aged gut heavy men who are Sons of Anarchy wannabees in chaps. So much so that the most popular boys name is Jaxxon or some such similarly crappy name that I believe is associated with that show. Sad beyond belief.
People are so irritating. Folks with noisy, unruly kids they cannot control who irritate everyone around them, cars with music so loud it is surprising anyone inside has any hearing left, not to mention the boom boxes in vehicles that thump around all night waking up the neighborhood. In general many folks are just inconsiderate.

Then the bikers come along, the worst of all trouble, whatever their genitals may be, some with dangly bits, others without, they still tear up the streets. Jerks cutting grass on a Sunday when we want to take it easy, airplanes flying over the house when the kids are going to sleep.

We live in a noisy world, oh for the quiet of a horse and cart, with the added bonus of manure for the garden.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 4:06 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
People are so irritating. Folks with noisy, unruly kids they cannot control who irritate everyone around them, cars with music so loud it is surprising anyone inside has any hearing left, not to mention the boom boxes in vehicles that thump around all night waking up the neighborhood. In general many folks are just inconsiderate.

Then the bikers come along, the worst of all trouble, whatever their genitals may be, some with dangly bits, others without, they still tear up the streets. Jerks cutting grass on a Sunday when we want to take it easy, airplanes flying over the house when the kids are going to sleep.

We live in a noisy world, oh for the quiet of a horse and cart, with the added bonus of manure for the garden.

How is your Harley running btw?
Old Jun 5th 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Aviator

Ha ha life on Mars would have much less noise ehh
Old Jun 5th 2017, 10:21 pm

I personally can't stand loud pipes, I think it confuses where the noise is coming from.
Old Jun 5th 2017, 11:43 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup

How is your Harley running btw?
Good thanks. Need more time to ride though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.