Bike mad people?

Old Nov 25th 2017, 4:34 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bike mad people?

My 350 is finally ready to pick up, there has been warm temperatures and the snow has been melting. I am hoping the melting continues enough for our road to be devoid of enough snow and ice (really icy right now) so I can ride her home but it's looking like she will be delivered on a trailer though. Can't wait to have her back
Old Nov 26th 2017, 1:00 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

It's still not right � ����
Old Nov 26th 2017, 12:59 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
It's still not right � ����
Wow how annoying is that

Can't hubby fix it, my motto is if you want it done right do it yourself
Old Nov 26th 2017, 6:24 pm

We initially put it in as he didnt have time, we paid $350 and it was still the same, i.e. brake lever all the way to the handle -so no front brake. They didn't even replace the missing air filter when doing the tune up. So they had it back, waited an incredible amount of time for some parts, rebuilt the brakes and its still squishy. So they want to do the master cylinder, it's being delivered back this week, i have a master cylinder coming and OH is going to do it over the winter. I am also looking into getting a whole new bike and selling this one on as the frustration levels are now quite high. It's either that or I buy a work shop manual and learn how to restore a RZ350, which could be quite exciting!
Old Nov 26th 2017, 9:06 pm

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

We initially put it in as he didnt have time, we paid $350 and it was still the same, i.e. brake lever all the way to the handle -so no front brake. They didn't even replace the missing air filter when doing the tune up. So they had it back, waited an incredible amount of time for some parts, rebuilt the brakes and its still squishy. So they want to do the master cylinder, it's being delivered back this week, i have a master cylinder coming and OH is going to do it over the winter. I am also looking into getting a whole new bike and selling this one on as the frustration levels are now quite high. It's either that or I buy a work shop manual and learn how to restore a RZ350, which could be quite exciting!
I passed on the RZ350YPVS I was offered, it needed a lot of work, which I was ok about, and I could have had it for 1500$ but upon a closer inspection I noted the drain plug and oil filler cap was drilled. Hmm, however the radiator cap was not? So I sumised that that bike had a race engine fitted to replace a broken motor.

Then I lost interest and bought some guitars. Lol
Old Nov 26th 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi
I passed on the RZ350YPVS I was offered, it needed a lot of work, which I was ok about, and I could have had it for 1500$ but upon a closer inspection I noted the drain plug and oil filler cap was drilled. Hmm, however the radiator cap was not? So I sumised that that bike had a race engine fitted to replace a broken motor.

Then I lost interest and bought some guitars. Lol
That's really funny. I tried learning the guitar when I was a kid but the teacher was a weirdo, gave up - I'm a lefty by birth and was forced to learn everything right handed, I think that didn't help Been chatting to OH today and I think what we're gonna do is get the bike back, do the rest of the brake stuff, use it, bring it with us when we move and then I'm gonna learn some stuff
Old Mar 12th 2018, 3:52 am

So the old girl finally made it home yesterday, after OH went and fixed a minor problem we were waiting on that the shop had agreed on sorting but couldn't Both RZs need their tanks re sealing with is pretty annoying. We also bought the Triumph over Christmas, I think OH wanted to make sure there would be something that would work when I want to ride
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-20180311_163706.jpg   Bike mad people?-20171230_132549.jpg  
Old Mar 12th 2018, 7:36 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's very very nice. A red daytona. Stuff the italians!!!
Old Mar 12th 2018, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
Now that's very very nice. A red daytona. Stuff the italians!!!
One of only 24 red ones of that model year sold in Canada, looking forward to taking her for a spin.
Old Mar 18th 2018, 2:43 pm

Blowing off a few cob webs today, still a little chilly tho brrrrr
Attached Thumbnails Bike mad people?-82c33e63-828c-4206-90a4-dc065815f28b.jpeg  
Old Mar 18th 2018, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by magnumpi
Blowing off a few cob webs today, still a little chilly tho brrrrr
You are so lucky, it's been snowing for the past two days, no real sign of spring yet and I've only seen one goose coming home so far, he's obviously sent word back saying it's not over yet lol
Old Mar 19th 2018, 2:16 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Had a short ride today, forth ride this of the season. Sun and 12c to 15c this week. Last nights ride was a little fresh, OH had her heated vest on.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 4:04 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
I love those bikes!! I had one in the early 90's and took it all the way to a bloke called Stan Stephens and had some 'mods' installed. I think it was called a power reed or something?

Personally I would never ride a bike here where I live now, the car drivers are not bike aware like they are back in the UK.
They're not even car aware.
Old Sep 10th 2019, 11:44 pm

I thought i would share what is sitting in my garage at the moment. Its not mine. The guy that sold me the RZ500 has sold this unridden beauty to the same fella ive sold my RZ500 to. They are both awaiting shippers to take them to an excited lucky bloke that lives in New Brunswick.

not sure why the pic isn't working but it's a 1985 GSX 750.

Last edited by Piff Poff; Sep 11th 2019 at 12:25 am.
Old Sep 11th 2019, 11:18 am

I thought i would share what is sitting in my garage at the moment. Its not mine. The guy that sold me the RZ500 has sold this unridden beauty to the same fella ive sold my RZ500 to. They are both awaiting shippers to take them to an excited lucky bloke that lives in New Brunswick.

not sure why the pic isn't working but it's a 1985 GSX 750.
Is that the one with the 16” front wheel, that was all the rage in the 80”s the tiny front wheel and ventilated disc brakes .... sigh !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.