Belgian Bombings

Old Mar 23rd 2016, 7:36 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belgian Bombings

Originally Posted by Pizzawheel
We could always go back to the concentration camps to tidy things up. That was a successful* British invention (*brought the boer war to a close. And led to a very partisan pro-afrikaan/ anti-english country when things developed later).
Not just the Boer wars, although that was where they were first used amongst the civilian population in this way. Concentrating the potential baddies in one place to "categorise" them is something Kitson comments on in his book. That was one tactic employed by the British in Kenya during the Mau Mau uprising in the 50s. It created huge amounts of ill-will towards the colonial power amongst not only the Kikuyu, who contributed most Mau Mau recruits, but also among other ethnic African tribes who had been fundamentally pro-British. Not to mention that it led to a number of war crimes, for which William Hague finally made a public apology in the Commons a couple of years ago, and for which significant compensation was eventually paid to the surviving victims.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 9:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Fight within the species seems to be the norm with both humans and our closest cousins, while we have obviously evolved a much greater intelligence and ability compared to our less evolved cousins, we still seem to be unable to evolve to a point where we can get along with one another in complete peace.

Unfortunately our more evolved intelligence has created far deadlier weapons that can wipe out far more humans when we do fight.

Not sure if there is really any solution to this problem, regardless of what happens, there always seems to be some group somewhere waiting in line to cause issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War

Reading about the above is what got me thinking.
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, the mainstream media (MSM) isn't always reliable. I will never forgive them for reporting that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Like sheep, they repeated what they had been told by their paymasters in their governments. Here's an alternative opinion.
Is the ISIS Behind the Brussels Attacks? Who is Behind the ISIS? | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization
Old Mar 24th 2016, 12:40 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
I will never forgive them for reporting that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Like sheep, they repeated what they had been told by their paymasters in their governments.
Absolutely. When I contacted.. and recontacted my MP, Daryl Taylor, to protest before the invasion all she sent me were copies of Bliar's speeches, no personal comment at all. A complete waste of space and deserved to lose her seat at the next election.
And after the invasion when no WMD were found, politicians were actively telling us lies stating that everyone thought Iraq had WMD. This was not true as the French and Russians would have told you if the media had bothered to ask them. I watched Colin Powell as he gave his final justification and held my head in my hands as one piece of questionable disinformation after another was stated to be absolute truth.
I never voted Labour after that, made myself a promise.
Claire Short was another notable waste of space who sold out. Few there were who came out of that disaster with any integrity whatsoever.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Dave. This site might interest you, too. Its title says it all.
The First Question to Ask After Any Terror Attack: Was It a False Flag? Washington's Blog
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:21 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Dave. This site might interest you, too. Its title says it all.
The First Question to Ask After Any Terror Attack: Was It a False Flag? Washington's Blog
I would hope that you are referring to events in the past and not those that occurred yesterday
Old Mar 24th 2016, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I am with Juggernaut on this unfortunately... When push comes to shove in all of these attacks on Europe we need to focus on the well being of European citizens and the integrity of our institutions in Europe. The PC side/opinion just isn't going to work to stop them. I would rather facilitate as many legitimate refugees as possible to come to EU/Canada/USA (obviously need to up the security checks on them however to make sure we don't bring over IS members disguised as "refugees") and then yes, we need to obliterate as much as possible of IS strongholds, remove the dictatorships and install a western democratic government and stay there to support it until it is stable. That is the failure of all the other American-sponsored new governments in some countries, they pull out and leave them on their own too early.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:01 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

So- separate the refugees from the terrorists, and invade.

Best to keep it simple eh?
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

So- separate the refugees from the terrorists, and invade.

Best to keep it simple eh?
Obviously a bit easier said than done but a better solution than the PC brigade have provided which is let in all the refugees and don't bomb ISIS because innocents will die. Well no offence but innocent middle eastern citizens vs innocent Europeans I think I am inclined to protect our own on this one. Its war. There are casualties and we need to make sure there are less Brussels and less Paris and more of them dying until it stops.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:31 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously a bit easier said than done
It's actually impossible, but let's not let that get in the way of a great Trumpetting.

Put em in a field- and BOMB the bastrads.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:34 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
we need to obliterate as much as possible of IS strongholds, remove the dictatorships and install a western democratic government and stay there to support it until it is stable.
I'm afraid I need to inject a little realism into this scenario.
1. I believe this has been attempted ever since WW1. Western intervention and puppet governments have, some would argue, precipitated the current problems.
2. Beware what you wish for. Democracy in regions with strong tribal links can have unforeseen consequences as we have witnessed in Iraq and Afghanistan and are seeing in Syria.
3. The type of war being raged by IS does not appear to need an existing IS state to support it. By 'obliterating' extended family members of emigrants already in europe simply increases the number of potential bombers within europe and elsewhere.
I don't have an answer and for what I've seen no-one else has either but the type of world you're describing is one where the spring is continually being wound up and eventually it will unwind more violently.
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute

It's actually impossible, but let's not let that get in the way of a great Trumpetting.

I suggest using Trident !
Old Mar 24th 2016, 2:55 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
... we need to obliterate as much as possible of IS strongholds, remove the dictatorships and install a western democratic government and stay there to support it until it is stable. That is the failure of all the other American-sponsored new governments in some countries, they pull out and leave them on their own too early.
You don't see the rather obvious flaw in that argument?
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not advocating building a wall/deporting them/stopping immigration etc. I welcome having the refugees resettled in Europe and North America, in fact i'd like to get as many as possible over here so we can minimise civilian casualties in obliterating ISIS. But I think we as westerners will not win until we are as ruthless as they are. If they can indiscriminately bomb innocent European cities why can't we bomb them in their cities which are NOT innocent since they are controlled by these idiots.

Originally Posted by dave_j
I'm afraid I need to inject a little realism into this scenario.
1. I believe this has been attempted ever since WW1. Western intervention and puppet governments have, some would argue, precipitated the current problems.
2. Beware what you wish for. Democracy in regions with strong tribal links can have unforeseen consequences as we have witnessed in Iraq and Afghanistan and are seeing in Syria.
3. The type of war being raged by IS does not appear to need an existing IS state to support it. By 'obliterating' extended family members of emigrants already in europe simply increases the number of potential bombers within europe and elsewhere.
I don't have an answer and for what I've seen no-one else has either but the type of world you're describing is one where the spring is continually being wound up and eventually it will unwind more violently.
Western governments haven't succeeded because they have pulled out assistance too early. Everyone wants democracy and everyone deserves a democratic government, so to say democracy "won't work" in certain places isn't fair, they deserve as much a chance at a sane government as we do, do they not?

I don't agree with "obliterating" people already in Europe. I am talking about physically bombing, military intervention, etc, in Syria and any and all IS controlled regions.

We managed to obliterate nazism did we not? Sure there are a few weird sects but we got rid of them. Surely we can do the same with radical "islam" ?
Old Mar 24th 2016, 3:14 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

The problem we have is these terrorists arnt actually in Syria, they are already mingling amonst us like ticking suicide time bombs

We have many private investigation companies in Canada, and thru out the world, maybe we could use their skills to track and monitors possible threats?

Last edited by magnumpi; Mar 24th 2016 at 3:18 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.