Belgian Bombings

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 1:37 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Belgian Bombings

I just put CP24 on and saw this!!

Any one else know who or why? Terrorist? Mad men ? Gas leak ?

2 at airport 1 at a subway. Oh my !!!

Usual BE member updates welcome :@)
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Belgian Bombings

Terrorist seems likely. Reports on global reporting atlest 1 suicide bomber.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:27 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

My guess would be those absolutely wonderful and lovely ISIS types, probably in retaliation that someone had the bald faced audacity to seize Salah Abdeslam in Brussels a few days ago.

In other words, typical terrorist cowards doing their cowardly things. Perhaps we should just play their game and throw morals to the wind and ruthlessly go after them, their friends and family. But alas we lack the willpower to do that, as it's not humane, blah, blah, blah, we'd be as bad as they are, blah, blah, blah.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

When they say depature lounges in regards to airports over there, do they mean the gate area after security?

The reports keep saying departure lounge and how also guns have been found.

If this is in a secure past security area this is very concering and leads to possibly inside help.

Just not sure what they mean by departure lounge.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 2:50 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
When they say depature lounges in regards to airports over there, do they mean the gate area after security?

The reports keep saying departure lounge and how also guns have been found.

If this is in a secure past security area this is very concering and leads to possibly inside help.

Just not sure what they mean by departure lounge.
I believe it was the check-in desk of American Airlines, definitely terrorist. and shots were apparently fired from a Kalashnikov before the suicide bombers activated their bombs, there was also the one at the metro station, in total, last I heard, some 30 people dead and Belgium has gone to maximum terror alert, There are now border controls between Belgium and France, and it wouldn't surprise me to have them back all over Europe.
The area the bombs were in were before any security check areas, and were open to the public Knock on effect is to have closed Bristol airport in the UK as their major flights are to Belgium and they are concerned about problems there. COBRA have been meeting and I would expect heightened security at all ports, airports etc.
There is a thread about this in the ME forum, and they have a poster on there who is frankly an idiot. He calls himself IKnowNothing, an apt name given the quality of his posts on there.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:24 pm
Account Closed

Thanks. The terminology wasnt clear if it was before or after security.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I believe it was the check-in desk of American Airlines, definitely terrorist. and shots were apparently fired from a Kalashnikov before the suicide bombers activated their bombs, there was also the one at the metro station, in total, last I heard, some 30 people dead and Belgium has gone to maximum terror alert, There are now border controls between Belgium and France, and it wouldn't surprise me to have them back all over Europe.
The area the bombs were in were before any security check areas, and were open to the public Knock on effect is to have closed Bristol airport in the UK as their major flights are to Belgium and they are concerned about problems there. COBRA have been meeting and I would expect heightened security at all ports, airports etc.
There is a thread about this in the ME forum, and they have a poster on there who is frankly an idiot. He calls himself IKnowNothing, an apt name given the quality of his posts on there.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:32 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just seen a map of the area, and the first explosion was at the AA check-in desk, and as people were fleeing that there was a second one near Starbucks, which was where everyone was running past, so carefully orchestrated. A further bomb belt was recovered intact and will be dealt with by bomb disposal. Current death toll is 31, with many more severely injured. As expected UKIP and supporters have tried to blame membership of the EU for this and are trying to use it to gain voters for leaving, bastards.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ah yes. Just looked.

Apparently it's good for his business.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 3:51 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ah yes. Just looked.

Apparently it's good for his business.
but he says he's a waiter..
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:04 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Radio news says IS claim responsibility for the bombings.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

but he says he's a waiter..
Seriously? Or just because Manuel is his avatar?
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Perhaps we should just play their game and throw morals to the wind and ruthlessly go after them, their friends and family. But alas we lack the willpower to do that, as it's not humane, blah, blah, blah, we'd be as bad as they are, blah, blah, blah.
But we are doing that already, Shark! It's been in all the papers, how "we" (the West, led by the US and Britain, with Canada in attendance) are bombing peaceful villagers all over the Middle East. So we are already as bad as they are - which I don't think is something to be proud of. Do you?
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 6:57 pm
Account Closed

They released airport CCTV image of the 3 they suspect were involved.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/brussels-airport-explosion-reports-1.3501831
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 7:56 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
But we are doing that already, Shark! It's been in all the papers, how "we" (the West, led by the US and Britain, with Canada in attendance) are bombing peaceful villagers all over the Middle East. So we are already as bad as they are - which I don't think is something to be proud of. Do you?
Does that include directly going after family and friends of these cowards? Somehow I think not. We are, alas, bound by morals and various conventions that mean we are not being as callous and indiscriminate as these people, and I don't think the gloves will ever fully come off, for the reasons I mentions. It seems that using thermobaric weapons may be seen as going a little too far. (One could use the line "take off and nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure" but that isn't something I would condone, hence the mention of thermobaric, as I believe it's still one of the most powerful - perhaps just blast wave - non nuclear weapons available)

Oh, I'm sorry, I must come over as completely crazy, lacking any form of compassion to even suggest such a thing.

these are people who really have the mindset that what they are doing is "right", I think you have to kick it up a notch to match them, and we really, truly are not doing that.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

My first thought was that airports need to do what they did in Northern Ireland in the 70s and 80s - all bags and people entering the airport building were subject to screening, bags were taped shut and x-rayed, individuals were searched. Very quick, easy and made the building a whole lot safer, regardless of whether one was at check-in or departure gate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.