BC Gas Price

Old Apr 22nd 2018, 3:57 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC Gas Price

Supply and demand; I got 90 litres for under $100 yesterday at Regina Cabs.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
Supply and demand; I got 90 litres for under $100 yesterday at Regina Cabs.
And some taxes added in, the taxes in Vancouver add a pretty good amount to the price.

If this spat with BC and AB gets worse, I will hate to see what prices are this summer, we are already at peak pricing and its only end of April.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 12:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw 1.60 and 1.61 today.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 12:15 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Gas prices hit 160.9 cents per litre in Vancouver, highest in North America, says expert | CBC News
Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:02 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I live in BC and there seems to be a culture of acceptance when it comes to anything related to the motor car, it's about time we woke up.

Now call me a whinging pomme if you must but there are ways of doing things well and others not so well and although canadians out there will be queing up to say 'if you don't like it then bugger off!' I feel that a few comments are in order and undoutedly they'll have been whispered between consenting adults in dark places many time before.

Consider the current problems with ICBC.

Let's gather a blank sheet of paper and devise the worst system you can think of for car insurance. First of all it has to be a monopoly. Monopolies, at a stroke, exclude any subversive ideas related to competition but if run well we can argue economies of scale and fewer overheads. But as those of us who have worked for monopolistic organisations will attest, they become fat, bloated, lazy and riddled with politicking, so that'll be a tick for monopoly then.

Now we'll have cars driving on our roads and there'll be accidents and as those of us who were once young will realise there are good drivers, bad drivers and the young who simply leave their brains in their pants when they get behind the wheel. So we all know that when it comes to insuring anything we evaluate the potential risks and price accordingly. But we don't want to do that because it discourages bad driving, what we want is a system that encourages bad driving by loading the costs of my accident onto everyone else without penalty. This means that we need a system that insures anything but the driver. So that's another box ticked.

Add on supplementary tasks to our bloated monopoly like regulating driving licences, etc etc and we have what we've been looking for, the worst sytem we can think of to ensure it'll join the costalot monopolies around the globe.

And do we care? Do we protest? Do we kick up a fuss when politics plunders the treasure chest? No, we simply sit back and only now when things are getting out of control do we start to think about changes.. but let's do it slowly.. don't want to ruffle too many feathers on my watch.

Which brings me back to the subject of this thread. Why are gas prices high in BC? Sure there are taxes levied on the stuff and sure the lonkie is a bit low at the moment, but it's been low before and the gas price wasn't this highthen and didn't the price of crude exceed $100/barrel in the past and wasn't the price of gas lower then as well? Ah, it's that pesky pipeline, that must be the issue, but isn't that still being thought about and doesn't it convey tar and will have absolutely nothing to do with the price of gas? Ah but it's Alberta restricting the flow of gas that's pushing the price up, except Alberta isn't doing that.. yet. Ah, then, it's those refineries tht're being shut for maintenance that's restricting supply that's doing it. But don't they shut them periodically for maintenace all the time and this price hike hasn't happened like this before and, well, don't we plan for events like this?

Let's face it, BC gas customers, like those who're condemned to the ICBC fiasco, are being taken to the cleaners because the refiners and gas suppliers know that the market will bear the increase and nobody will do anything about it. It's as though competition in the market place, like ICBC, has been abandoned in favour of forming a cartel to maximise profit. And politicians, shouldn't they be assessing the ripoff and getting together to devise a better system of gas supply? It can't be that difficult, the americans and other provinces seem to be able to achieve it.. but perhaps the will simply isn't there, is there too much money swashing around in the swamp?
Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:12 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Gas Buddy shows lowest in Vancouver currently 153.9 at Super Save 12th and Clark. Regina Cabs was 113.9 yesterday and today.
Old Apr 30th 2018, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I thought BC wanted high gas prices to stop Global Warming?
Old Jun 1st 2018, 4:12 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

BC now has the highest average gas price in Canada.
$1.37 in Kamloops.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/CAN
Old Jun 1st 2018, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave_j
I live in BC and there seems to be a culture of acceptance when it comes to anything related to the motor car, it's about time we woke up.

Now call me a whinging pomme if you must but there are ways of doing things well and others not so well and although canadians out there will be queing up to say 'if you don't like it then bugger off!' I feel that a few comments are in order and undoutedly they'll have been whispered between consenting adults in dark places many time before.

Consider the current problems with ICBC.

Let's gather a blank sheet of paper and devise the worst system you can think of for car insurance. First of all it has to be a monopoly. Monopolies, at a stroke, exclude any subversive ideas related to competition but if run well we can argue economies of scale and fewer overheads. But as those of us who have worked for monopolistic organisations will attest, they become fat, bloated, lazy and riddled with politicking, so that'll be a tick for monopoly then.

Now we'll have cars driving on our roads and there'll be accidents and as those of us who were once young will realise there are good drivers, bad drivers and the young who simply leave their brains in their pants when they get behind the wheel. So we all know that when it comes to insuring anything we evaluate the potential risks and price accordingly. But we don't want to do that because it discourages bad driving, what we want is a system that encourages bad driving by loading the costs of my accident onto everyone else without penalty. This means that we need a system that insures anything but the driver. So that's another box ticked.

Add on supplementary tasks to our bloated monopoly like regulating driving licences, etc etc and we have what we've been looking for, the worst sytem we can think of to ensure it'll join the costalot monopolies around the globe.

And do we care? Do we protest? Do we kick up a fuss when politics plunders the treasure chest? No, we simply sit back and only now when things are getting out of control do we start to think about changes.. but let's do it slowly.. don't want to ruffle too many feathers on my watch.

Which brings me back to the subject of this thread. Why are gas prices high in BC? Sure there are taxes levied on the stuff and sure the lonkie is a bit low at the moment, but it's been low before and the gas price wasn't this highthen and didn't the price of crude exceed $100/barrel in the past and wasn't the price of gas lower then as well? Ah, it's that pesky pipeline, that must be the issue, but isn't that still being thought about and doesn't it convey tar and will have absolutely nothing to do with the price of gas? Ah but it's Alberta restricting the flow of gas that's pushing the price up, except Alberta isn't doing that.. yet. Ah, then, it's those refineries tht're being shut for maintenance that's restricting supply that's doing it. But don't they shut them periodically for maintenace all the time and this price hike hasn't happened like this before and, well, don't we plan for events like this?

Let's face it, BC gas customers, like those who're condemned to the ICBC fiasco, are being taken to the cleaners because the refiners and gas suppliers know that the market will bear the increase and nobody will do anything about it. It's as though competition in the market place, like ICBC, has been abandoned in favour of forming a cartel to maximise profit. And politicians, shouldn't they be assessing the ripoff and getting together to devise a better system of gas supply? It can't be that difficult, the americans and other provinces seem to be able to achieve it.. but perhaps the will simply isn't there, is there too much money swashing around in the swamp?
all of this. It blows my mind that there is such anger in BC over the ICBC plan to start having a driver based insurance system where bad drivers with lots of claims pay substantially more than good drivers.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
all of this. It blows my mind that there is such anger in BC over the ICBC plan to start having a driver based insurance system where bad drivers with lots of claims pay substantially more than good drivers.
... since there's currently up to a 43% discount for a record of driving safely, and up to a 205% surcharge for driving dangerously (along with extra premiums for more than 3 crashes, and an up to $24,000 surcharge for criminal code driving violations), how much more are they planning to make it so bad drivers pay more? Because they should, but it also seems they already do.

Manitoba take it further, and have a thoroughly entertaining 'no fault' system, where they proudly proclaim it doesn't matter how you drive, your insurance isn't changed. First off, that's not exactly true, there are discounts for driving safely (which get lost with accidents/points). More entertaining is the driver licence - I have friends who've ruefully noted that sure, they've been paying the same insurance every year they've had a car, but some years their annual licence renewal has cost them over $1,000. You can make fascinating claims about insurance prices when you just offload the price change onto something else that the person with insurance needs
Old Jun 1st 2018, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

The high cost of gas is reducing peoples driving habits, so I suppose that is a good thing, less cars on the road is never bad. But I cannot imagine high prices are good for the economy, if people have to pay 10-15 more per tank now, that is 10-15 less for other goods and services.

I am glad I have the scooter, but at today prices even its getting pricey to fill.
Old Jun 1st 2018, 10:08 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

OH has started looking for a cheaper car to run than the Navigator. I have reminded him that there may be some options already in our drive lol
Old Jun 27th 2018, 8:05 pm
Account Closed

Had to go to Chiliwack today. The stations I have seen are 1.44 to 1.47.We paid 1.43 this morning in Vancouver.....So much for the valley having lower prices...
Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:44 pm
Tea Drinker

I'm liking this new price of $1.12 this morning. Will it ever go back down to below $1 ?
Old Dec 13th 2018, 7:57 pm
Account Closed

1.27 to 1.29 in Vancouver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.