Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

BC Driving Theory Test - What if you fail ?

BC Driving Theory Test - What if you fail ?

Old Nov 13th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future
Default BC Driving Theory Test - What if you fail ?

Hi,

I am getting ready to sit my driving theory test, and something has crossed my mind.

With a few weeks left of my 90 days to pass both theory and practical tests, if I fail the theory test, which I hope I don't, will the take my UK driving license off me ?

Has anyone suffered this ?

GW
Old Nov 13th 2008, 3:05 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BC Driving Theory Test - What if you fail ?

Originally Posted by techwizard
Hi,

I am getting ready to sit my driving theory test, and something has crossed my mind.

With a few weeks left of my 90 days to pass both theory and practical tests, if I fail the theory test, which I hope I don't, will the take my UK driving license off me ?

GW
No, they don't. Only if you fail the road test.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:39 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

GW
You just have to keep sitting the theory until you do pass it - you will be warned about driving without having the BC licence but they won't take your UK one off you.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:13 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

They only take it once you've passed your 90 days. A friend did her theory test and passed but because she had passed her 90 days they took her UK license and said they will return it when she passes her road test.
Good luck
Terese
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

The Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really niceThe Broady's is just really nice

They won't take your licence fron you if you fail your theory. We have many british friends here and all of us have had a different experience when it came to taking and failing the test - some people had their license taken and others didn't - very frustrating
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

The theory test looks pretty easy, I managed to pass their online one without reading their road sense book. Might pop down the local drivers service centre and take the test this afternoon
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
The theory test looks pretty easy, I managed to pass their online one without reading their road sense book. Might pop down the local drivers service centre and take the test this afternoon
It is mostly common sense, but I would suggest taking their test a few times, as you may be like me - in the time that I have tried it I have either passed or have been very close, which is what prompted me to ask the question in the first place.

GW
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Well, got 100% on the online one in the last 5 goes
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

GW
Well if you do fail ,then you should have ya licence taken away
Old Nov 13th 2008, 9:25 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terese677
They only take it once you've passed your 90 days. A friend did her theory test and passed but because she had passed her 90 days they took her UK license and said they will return it when she passes her road test.
Good luck
Terese
Hmm..my OH failed one theory test, then passed on the other and then had to wait a week for his road test - they didn't take his UK licence.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

GW
Hi. We were way beyond our 90 days when we done ours and they did'nt take our licence. Know a few others that done theres past the 90 days and they also kept theres. We are on Vancouver Island so of course different provinces may have different policys. Good luck anyway
Old Nov 14th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

I just passed my driving test yesterday , the written test was not too bad but you do need to read the book because the one you do on line is only a snapshot of what you actually get.
The driving test which I failed last week ( ), then took again yesterday is just over 30mins long and all I can say is dont forget the shoulder checks and watch out for school zones.
Last week when I failed the examiner asked me what speed I was doing and I said 40 thinking I was going to slow, then he said you are in a school zone. Instant fail. I had not seen the school zone sign which was just before some trafic lights at a T junction and actually continued on the main road that I turned left on to, I knew I had failed due to that but he also pointed out that I had not shoulder checked enough.
So get practising and read the road sense manual, I also bought the Tuning up for Drivers book think it was $5, but this is online as well. Good Luck
Old Nov 14th 2008, 5:12 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmabell
Last week when I failed the examiner asked me what speed I was doing and I said 40 thinking I was going to slow, then he said you are in a school zone. Instant fail. I had not seen the school zone sign which was just before some trafic lights at a T junction and actually continued on the main road that I turned left on to....
I think there must be some discretion allowed - I sped in a school zone on my test too (the paperwork commented on it), but I realized and slowed down. Didn't prevent me passing the test though.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:01 am
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

I fail the theory test, which I hope I don't, will the take my UK driving license off me ?

If you fail the theory test, you have more to worry about than having your UK license taken away!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: BC Driving Theory Test - What if you fail ?

Just thought I would add to my original posting by saying that this morning I sat my theory test, and passed with 85%.

Only the practical left to do.

And for those interested, I would suggest reading up for the test, as the questions on the ICBC web site cover only part of what is tested.

Regards

GW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.