Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Auto Lease - any example values ?

Auto Lease - any example values ?

Old Oct 16th 2010, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future
Default Auto Lease - any example values ?

Hi

not up on this really

could do with a few examples of cars and how much a month you are paying
and how long

few questions

1 - only for new cars ?

2 - do you pay for servicing yourself ?

3 - after say 3 years you can hand the keys back and run or pay a lump sum and the car is yours ?

thinking a SUV to be honest

trying to compare this arrangement to buying a 2nd hand one

not sure how Toronto weather and an old car will mix

maybe a 3yr old one is a good balance

thanks
Old Oct 16th 2010, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future2008orbust has a brilliant future
Default Re: Auto Lease - any example values ?

found this

http://www.cfla-acfl.ca/content/lights.html#what
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:46 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 2008orbust
Hi

not up on this really

and how long

few questions

1 - only for new cars ?

3 - after say 3 years you can hand the keys back and run or pay a lump sum and the car is yours ?

thanks
Take a look at www.leasebusters.com for sample monthly costs.

You'll usually be responsible for maintenance and servicing costs on top of the monthly lease fee.

Yes, after the lease term you had back, buy-out (cash or re-finance), and pay any excess mileage/damage fees as appropriate.

Costs will depend on various factors, such as the % interest rate, how much (if any) deposit you contribute, mileage allowance, residual value etc.

If you don't have a business to offset the lease cost against, you may find there are better ways to finance a vehicle.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:04 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

not up on this really

and how long

few questions

1 - only for new cars ?

thanks
Please re-read that and hit yourself over the head with a plank
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:11 am

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't put another SUV on the roads of Toronto. There are already more than enough.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Our local Dodge dealer doesn't do leasing anymore and the Ford dealer across the road was charging 6.99% for lease whereas finance seems to be available in most dealers for as little as zero percent and often no more that 3% over 7 years.
As RICH said if its a business purchase then makes some sense otherwise hard to justify sometimes.
A friend had an SUV from a Chevrolet dealer for 3 years on lease, he was responsible for all servicing and other costs and after 3 years was up they still wanted $17,000 as a final payment or hand it back!!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

"not sure how Toronto weather and an old car will mix"

??????

mandywhatever can you illuminate me ?

it was humour as in -alotofC and old cars not surviving

maybe a bit technical for you to grasp

and if i want to try an SUV then thats my decision

Last edited by 2008orbust; Oct 17th 2010 at 3:29 pm. Reason: suv - whats wrong with the forum today ?
Old Oct 17th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

to everyone else thanks for the info

just trying to get a handle on the numbers
Old Oct 17th 2010, 3:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

"not sure how Toronto weather and an old car will mix"

??????

mandywhatever can you illuminate me ?

it was humour as in -alotofC and old cars not surviving

maybe a bit technical for you to grasp

and if i want to try an SUV then thats my decision
Define old.

I drove a 14 year old Toyota Camry in Calgary with no problems sold it on and as far as I know it is still working just fine. It would now be 18 years old. There are many more cars on the road just like it, hence Mandy's comment.

Yes if you want an SUV that's your decision but it just as much someone else's right to ask you not to. Unless you plan on actually taking the vehicle off road ask yourself do you really need one.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

pity she didnt say that instead of plank and head . . . rather rude and unsubtle

old - defined in milliseconds enough detail ?

point taken on old but say with your with age of car for example
- there will be rubber components etc. that will eventually
just break down with age which i've had with my car ,
and the cost of some old components that are hard
to find anymore nearly made me hit myself with a plank . . .

had to be said

good to know a 14 year old camry survives well , they must be factoring
in the cold when they make vehicles in Canada - sump heaters and all

the obsession on why i mentioned SUV is unsettling and annoying

if someone wanted a steam powered vehicle then thats their choice apart from
this post where a multitude of people would say "why ?"

Last edited by 2008orbust; Oct 17th 2010 at 4:32 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 17th 2010, 6:07 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Unless you plan on actually taking the vehicle off road ask yourself do you really need one.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/wink.gif
In Toronto it will be useful for the mindless near mowing down of pedestrians that is usual for drivers of such vehicles. And taking up lots of space on the road. Otherwise, no - entirely pointless.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 6:18 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lmartin999
In Toronto it will be useful for the mindless near mowing down of pedestrians that is usual for drivers of such vehicles. And taking up lots of space on the road. Otherwise, no - entirely pointless.
I agree the same seems to apply in Calgary.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 6:31 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

not up on this really

and how long

few questions

1 - only for new cars ?

thanks
SUV's are essential in Toronto but they're not needed in Vancouver.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

the obsession on why i mentioned SUV is unsettling and annoying

if someone wanted a steam powered vehicle then thats their choice apart from
this post where a multitude of people would say "why ?"
There's a lot of strange hatred for SUVs in the Canada forums for some reason. I now drive a Toyota 4Runner and I love it. If other posters here don't like it, that's their problem.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:07 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason why you'd want to lease rather than finance? If we take the Hyundai Santa Fe as an example, finance wise, you can get 60 months 0%, 72 months 0.99% and 84 months 0%. You do pay all the usual service and maintenance costs but at the end of the finance period the car is yours.

Actual pricing for a lease? Oh, ok then. 2010 Santa Fe 3.5 GL FWD, total price to be financed: $34,123.38, cost of finance at 0.99% over 72 months is $1,037.82

Perhaps it's just me, but just over a grand isn't too bad, probably better than a line of credit at the bank as well.

Nothing wrong with SUV's, and I too don't get why there is no love for them on here. Would you rather a mini-van or an SUV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.