Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga are want to adopt a cat?

Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga are want to adopt a cat?

Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga are want to adopt a cat?

This is a long shot, but worth a try. I have been fostering a cat for few weeks and I really need to find him a home. I would love to keep him but we have a Springer Spaniel and the two don't mix. He is about 1 year old, very affectionate and will have all his injections.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga are want to adopt a cat?-dyson.jpg  
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:30 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga are want to adopt a cat?

Apparently not.

Cute cat though.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Apparently not.

Cute cat though.
Unfortunately I think you are right. The other night, the cat escaped from the room in which it is living. The dog spotted it and what followed was like a scene from Tom and Jerry. No one (apart from me when I tried to body check the dog) was hurt and eventually both beasts were restored to their respective areas of the house. So please - anyone?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HGerchikov
Unfortunately I think you are right. The other night, the cat escaped from the room in which it is living. The dog spotted it and what followed was like a scene from Tom and Jerry. No one (apart from me when I tried to body check the dog) was hurt and eventually both beasts were restored to their respective areas of the house. So please - anyone?
Just waiting - the cat is on the other side of the door
Attached Thumbnails Anyone in Toronto/Mississauga are want to adopt a cat?-curly.jpg  
Old Dec 7th 2011, 5:43 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

This is a long shot, but worth a try. I have been fostering a cat for few weeks and I really need to find him a home. I would love to keep him but we have a Springer Spaniel and the two don't mix. He is about 1 year old, very affectionate and will have all his injections.
Why did you foster a cat if you have a dog? The fostering bit is highly commendable, obviously, but I don't understand the rest of the rationale.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Just waiting - the cat is on the other side of the door
I'm a dog person. Gorgeous Springer!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvy
Why did you foster a cat if you have a dog? The fostering bit is highly commendable, obviously, but I don't understand the rest of the rationale.
The cat belongs to a friend of mine who, for reasons I don't want to go into on here, could not keep it. The cat had to leave her house in a hurry so I took him in the hope that she would be able to have him back after a few weeks once her situation became clearer. She can't and I can't keep him - so. Not an ideal situation with the dog I agree but, basically, I am just helping a friend out of a tough spot.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I'm a dog person. Gorgeous Springer!
Thank you, we love him.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:39 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

The cat belongs to a friend of mine who, for reasons I don't want to go into on here, could not keep it. The cat had to leave her house in a hurry so I took him in the hope that she would be able to have him back after a few weeks once her situation became clearer. She can't and I can't keep him - so. Not an ideal situation with the dog I agree but, basically, I am just helping a friend out of a tough spot.
Awkward. I don't think it's all that easy to re-house adult cats. I got my cat as a stray kitten. I found her in my neighbour's wheel arch and I think she'd been there for some time (including on the highway). Strictly speaking, I should have handed her in but the shelters are overwhelmed so I kept her. The vet didn't bat an eyelid.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:57 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

This is, to the letter, how I ended up with my cat. Friend in domestic strife, cat with nowhere to go, I took it home as a temporary measure to help her out. It was either me or the humane society. This was in 2009.

For what it's worth, my cat had never been outside in his life and had not lived with dogs. Now he has freedom and lives with one other cat, a dog and a rather amorous puppy. He's fine, they adapt. Keep the cat.

One thing though, don't bother trying to keep them apart. Let them work out the pecking order for themselves.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:20 am
Slob

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
This is, to the letter, how I ended up with my cat. Friend in domestic strife, cat with nowhere to go, I took it home as a temporary measure to help her out. It was either me or the humane society. This was in 2009.

For what it's worth, my cat had never been outside in his life and had not lived with dogs. Now he has freedom and lives with one other cat, a dog and a rather amorous puppy. He's fine, they adapt. Keep the cat.

One thing though, don't bother trying to keep them apart. Let them work out the pecking order for themselves.
The cat will prevail.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDV has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
The cat will prevail.
Agreed.

I also agree with I2C: if you like the cat keep it, they will sort it out for themselves.

Our dog still chases the cats occasionally and the cats still give him a smack on the nose for no good reason every now and again but, on the whole, they muddle along just fine together and have even been known to share their food!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsDV
Agreed.

I also agree with I2C: if you like the cat keep it, they will sort it out for themselves.

Our dog still chases the cats occasionally and the cats still give him a smack on the nose for no good reason every now and again but, on the whole, they muddle along just fine together and have even been known to share their food!
In that case, if I am keeping the cat, does anyone want to adopt a husband? He is not a cat person and I suspect if cat stays, he will go!
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:14 am
Slob

In that case, if I am keeping the cat, does anyone want to adopt a husband? He is not a cat person and I suspect if cat stays, he will go!
This cat appears to be a relationship-breaker.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 1:17 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who does not like cats cannot be trusted. Pack his bags for him, life will be more peaceful anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.