Anyone into birds?

Old May 26th 2016, 6:30 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone into birds?

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
a yellow bird
I noticed.

Yep- beg pardon there is a pelican in the foreground. They are apparently Brandt's cormorants.
Hmm, I don't pretend that a British education prepared me for North American fauna even slightly. (And I've done hunter ed.)

think that I took a photo of the same little fella at Spring Break at Lake Louise
I took that picture in August 2011.

Last edited by Steve_; May 26th 2016 at 6:35 am.
Old May 26th 2016, 3:58 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
I noticed.

Hmm, I don't pretend that a British education prepared me for North American fauna even slightly. (And I've done hunter ed.)

I took that picture in August 2011.
Well it must have been his grandson then because there was a definite family resemblance- I will post the photo later and let's see whether you agree or not
Old May 27th 2016, 5:24 am
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

There you Steve- Little Gordon- he is grandson of Norman who you photographed in 2011
Attached Thumbnails Anyone into birds?-little-gordon-gray-jay-2-1-1-.jpg   Anyone into birds?-little-gordon-gray-jay-1-1-.jpg  
Old May 27th 2016, 5:57 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

There you Steve- Little Gordon- he is grandson of Norman who you photographed in 2011
Ummm I don't think Norman was a Grey Jay - the markings on the back are different to a Jay - Norman has black and white on his wings.

I think it 'may' have been a Clark's Nutcracker

I could well be wrong...

Old May 27th 2016, 6:38 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Ummm I don't think Norman was a Grey Jay - the markings on the back are different to a Jay - Norman has black and white on his wings.

I think it 'may' have been a Clark's Nutcracker

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/...tcracker_2.jpg

I could well be wrong...

Ok, Siouxie, I used to really like you .......
Yes, little Gordon is indeed a Clarks Nutcracker.... His sister however is a Gray jay - I say sister- clearly his dad was sleeping around at the time

I really couldn't be arsed to check the birds............yep lazy, and tired and am having to crack on with a medico legal report whilst watching carpool karaoke

Last edited by Stinkypup; May 27th 2016 at 6:45 am.
Old May 27th 2016, 6:47 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, Siouxie, I used to really like you .......
Yes, little Gordon is indeed a Clarks Nutcracker.... His sister however is a Gray jay - I say sister- clearly his dad was sleeping around at the time

I really couldn't be arsed to check the birds............yep lazy, and tired and am having to crack on with a medico legal report whilst watching carpool karaoke

Old May 27th 2016, 7:02 am
I need a walk

Cute
I got it wrong...... Not you, me ?

Hang on ....... That's a stock photo............. Another ultraposter

Anyhow his sister is prolly another nutcracker but they were definitely grandkids of the Steve photographed zzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by Stinkypup; May 27th 2016 at 7:35 am.
Old May 27th 2016, 5:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I think the birds were out just to piss me off this morning.

I was in a rush so couldn't stop to take pics and I even had the camera in the boot of the car as I was at a kids school event.

Saw a flock of heron's by the river on the way out and then up the road, the perfect, National Geographic style bluejay sticking it's butt out at me and almost across the street, a fire red bright cardinal.

Sometimes, nature is just an arsehole.
Old May 28th 2016, 3:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I'm into Owls. I thought my avatar gave it away.
With large Hooters.
Old Jun 3rd 2016, 8:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

From a couple of years ago, not a great camera shot. Short trip to Naples, Florida.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone into birds?-florida.jpg  
Old Jun 7th 2016, 5:45 am
I need a walk

Originally Posted by Bob
From a couple of years ago, not a great camera shot. Short trip to Naples, Florida.
They look as if they are watching a movie at a beach drive-in movie theatre although they forgot their cars!

This is one of my favourite owl photos. There are actually three owls in the photo, far left top corner is a more camera shy sibling. The parents were on a branch on the other side of the tree.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone into birds?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Stinkypup; Jun 7th 2016 at 5:48 am.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 1:44 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

This is one of my favourite owl photos....
Well spotted!

They're tricky buggers to find in the woods. I usually see them when I'm mountain biking, so never have my camera with me...well my phone, but that's rubbish. I flail on my face far to often to risk bringing proper glass when hitting the trails
Old Jun 8th 2016, 11:35 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

So I appear to have made a new friend whom I have named "Chirpy McChirpchirp" who appears to be a House Sparrow.

His/her basic objective appears to be to sit on the window sill and wake me up at 5am.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 7:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Saw this chap whizz overhead over the weekend...think it's a turkey vulture, again.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone into birds?-flight.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2016, 3:20 am

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We've got a bird that has decided to nest in the tree right outside the kitchen window, I'm trying to get pics. So far not too successful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.