Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone going to Canada Live tomorrow?

Anyone going to Canada Live tomorrow?

Old Feb 9th 2018, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all
Default Anyone going to Canada Live tomorrow?

Morning all

Is anyone heading up to Canada Live tomorrow?

The website is pretty terrible, but we went along to one a few years back and found some useful information.

If you are going - say hi! I'll have a purple backpack with a Canada luggage tag attached (see picture for clarity).

My real name's Neil - I may look blank for a moment if you say 'Hi Cornfedapache' but I'll get there eventually!

Maybe see you there - it would be cool to meet some BExp folk in real life!
Neil
Old Feb 9th 2018, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone going to Canada Live tomorrow?

Are you going as a potential customer or are you part of the show?
Yes the website is somewhat terrible as there appears to be no list of these so called experts on hand by name.
I wonder if a certain company (individual) that starts with B and ends with T and has a Z in the middle will be in attendance?
Which if any Canadian exhibitors will be in attendance be it reps from the Provinces or companies will be on hand?

Now Im not suggesting people in the UK don't attend but Im sure one of our Mods could jazz up our BE website and announce BE Canada Section Live and entry is free where you can post questions and have them answered for free by posters who sometimes actually know what they are on about and make no promises.
There again it doesn't need to be announced as a Special Event as we do it everyday

Enjoy the show and report back your thoughts and impressions.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Cornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to allCornfedapache is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Are you going as a potential customer or are you part of the show?
Yes the website is somewhat terrible as there appears to be no list of these so called experts on hand by name.
I wonder if a certain company (individual) that starts with B and ends with T and has a Z in the middle will be in attendance?
Which if any Canadian exhibitors will be in attendance be it reps from the Provinces or companies will be on hand?

Now Im not suggesting people in the UK don't attend but Im sure one of our Mods could jazz up our BE website and announce BE Canada Section Live and entry is free where you can post questions and have them answered for free by posters who sometimes actually know what they are on about and make no promises.
There again it doesn't need to be announced as a Special Event as we do it everyday

Enjoy the show and report back your thoughts and impressions.
Going as a potential customer. To be fair, the September Canada Jobs Expo looks like a better bet but, at this moment, we'll take everything that we can!

I suspect that B........ z...t will be there - I seem to remember that they were last time. I'm hoping that there will be some recruitment folk there too (again, I think that there were last time)....

I'll let you know what happens. I'm not expecting miracles, but you never know...!
Old Feb 9th 2018, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I remember going there in about 2009.
We were there for maybe an hour. I think 30 mins of that time was queuing for a drink and using the facilities...
Old Feb 9th 2018, 12:36 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I remember going there in about 2009.
We were there for maybe an hour. I think 30 mins of that time was queuing for a drink and using the facilities...
Priorities
Old Feb 9th 2018, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the 'Canada Live' website and the two legible posters in the photo seem to be recommending moving to Australia. It doesn't bode well for attention to detail at the event.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 7:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cornfedapache
I'm hoping that there will be some recruitment folk there too (again, I think that there were last time)....
Unless things have changed, I doubt it. Last Canada Live expos I worked at we were one of only 2 stands for Canada, the rest of the room was for 'Down Under Live', which had somehow merged with our event to fill space.

As long as you've got free tickets and aren't paying a fortune to get there, just go along for the fun of it and to get a free pen and a lolly.
Old Feb 10th 2018, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

I agree - it's not the most exciting of websites... I remember the Move To Canada magazine with slight fondness...

Fingers crossed. I'll let you know.... Sometimes it's just nice to be in a room with other folks who might be going on the same journey

Look on the bright side - I'll bump into someone who needs a 'Me' over there and we'll work together to get through LMIA etc. That's the sorta serendipity I'm hoping for....
Old Feb 11th 2018, 12:16 pm
Forum Regular

Well..

We didn't get to go - the O2 sensor died on our car... Sigh... Hey ho...
They've offered us a free pass to the October event so the prebought tickets (£22/pair) won't go to waste...

I'm sure it would have been the most wonderous time...!