Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

any help please with jobs

any help please with jobs

Old Sep 14th 2006, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

rich1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any help please with jobs

hi does anyone know if there is any job sites for canada that have jobs on there that are approved through HRDC i submitted my short form last month but i see that people are saying its 4 years before they look at it then 3 years thats a nighmare cant wait that long i am going in on the skilled worker visa as i am a car mechanic i looked on the gov site but couldn't find any on there

any help would be greattttttttt thanks
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:44 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any help please with jobs

Apart from a few exceptions, the nature of the HRDC LMO is that its applied on a "per job offer" basis, looking at the job, location and candidate, so no, there is no such website.

Your best bet is to fire off resumes and hope for the best, but as its a relatively common area of work you might have a hard time convincing HRDC that an employer couldnt find someone locally.

Im guessing alberta would be your best bet as there is allegedly a shortage of all skills there at the moment.

Last edited by iaink; Sep 14th 2006 at 3:47 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for that only reason i asked is because i found some for Australia that were approved and he said he would do your paper work for you needed 8 people

thanks

yeah there is a shortage in alberta and winnipeg

Last edited by rich1977; Sep 14th 2006 at 3:54 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the employer has to do most if it here anyway regardless.
Old Sep 14th 2006, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rich, didn't you get any joy in May or was the trip over cancelled.
If you are still interested in the Edmonton area I will try and get you a contact who might be able to ask around.
Stuarty
Old Sep 14th 2006, 5:09 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

You could try here for Alberta PNP jobs:

http://www.alberta-canada.com/jobs/index.cfm

although some may be a little out of date

worth a try anyway
Flossie
Old Sep 14th 2006, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
You could try here for Alberta PNP jobs:

http://www.alberta-canada.com/jobs/index.cfm

although some may be a little out of date

worth a try anyway
Flossie
thanks i will give it a try
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

mels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of lightmels123 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm sure Piff Poff's husband is a car mechanic in Red Deer, maybe she may know some contacts?

Good luck

Mel
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mels123
I'm sure Piff Poff's husband is a car mechanic in Red Deer, maybe she may know some contacts?

Good luck

Mel
hi thanks for that i have been chatting to him allready might ask him