Amazon Lost Orders

Old Mar 5th 2017, 12:52 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon Lost Orders

Originally Posted by Oink
The main problem is the delivery. The couriers are the worst but even Canada Post is pretty bad. The examples of supposedly two-day service that comes in two or more weeks are numerous. I find it easier and far more reliable to ship anything important or spendy to the US and have a colleague bring it up.
From most of the comments made on various threads Canada Post and Amazon are a bit like Marmite.

Everyone either gets deliveries properly and promptly or badly/not at all.

I wonder what the reason for the difference is. As one very satisfied with the speed, efficiency and friendliness of both I am certainly not paying a premium or greasing anyone's palms for good service.

Maybe it's just that I'm nice and those of you saying bad things about them are just angering the workers so they deliberately mess you about.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
From most of the comments made on various threads Canada Post and Amazon are a bit like Marmite.

Everyone either gets deliveries properly and promptly or badly/not at all.

I wonder what the reason for the difference is. As one very satisfied with the speed, efficiency and friendliness of both I am certainly not paying a premium or greasing anyone's palms for good service.

Maybe it's just that I'm nice and those of you saying bad things about them are just angering the workers so they deliberately mess you about.
My Canada Post lady is lovely. We live out of town so have our own mail box (why is it that Canada Post deliver mail, but the Royal Mail deliver post?) which may be why we get such great service, as compared to the anonymity of a communal mailbox?

Or is it just our shared addiction to Coronation Street?
Old Mar 5th 2017, 1:59 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
...why is it that Canada Post deliver mail, but the Royal Mail deliver post?...

That's a bit like "Why is it that when you transport something by car, it's called a shipment, but when you transport something by ship, it's called cargo?"
Well that can't be the reason for me.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 3:35 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The main problem is the delivery. The couriers are the worst but even Canada Post is pretty bad. The examples of supposedly two-day service that comes in two or more weeks are numerous. I find it easier and far more reliable to ship anything important or spendy to the US and have a colleague bring it up.
We only use canada post - it's not the fastest, but it's alright. My experience with UPS is so bad that I never want to deal with those ****ers again.

Tip: If you want to force amazon to use canada post add "BOX 1" to the end of the first line of the address.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 4:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

From my experience with Amazon and couriers they use from best to worst.

Fedex
UPS
Canada Post
Purolator
Old Mar 5th 2017, 5:02 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
From my experience with Amazon and couriers they use from best to worst.
Fedex
UPS
Canada Post
Purolator
Ha. My refurbished all-in-one computer was delivered by them. Shipped by Tiger Direct and "picked up" by Purolator on Monday night at 9.43 in Toronto and delivered Weds at 12.45pm. 39 hours. Pretty good.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 6:41 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
We only use canada post - it's not the fastest, but it's alright. My experience with UPS is so bad that I never want to deal with those ****ers again.

Tip: If you want to force amazon to use canada post add "BOX 1" to the end of the first line of the address.
Absolutely, I also only try and use Canada, if I accidentally have to use UPS they usually try to charge me an extra delivery/brokerage fee so I just tell them to stick the package up their arse. They either deliver it for free the next day or they'll have to send it back and I get a refund. It's weird, UPS are great in the US, very reliable and friendly, up here they're just cads.

There's just a lot of incompetence here. I ordered two books from Indigo/Chapters with their free shipping. I placed the order on December 6th, it arrived on December 29th. That is so Canada

Last edited by Oink; Mar 5th 2017 at 6:47 pm.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 6:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ha. My refurbished all-in-one computer was delivered by them. Shipped by Tiger Direct and "picked up" by Purolator on Monday night at 9.43 in Toronto and delivered Weds at 12.45pm. 39 hours. Pretty good.
Do they do iPhones?
Old Mar 5th 2017, 7:23 pm
Oscar nominated

Do they do iPhones?
Not much. I saw one listed but sold out.
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...?EdpNo=5749711
Old Mar 9th 2017, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well- great experiences this week with on line ordering.
Stinky got his tripod from Calgary in less than 48 hours- sent out Monday pm- delivered first thing this am.
I had an even better deal.
I was looking for a new carry on. I'm particular and wanted a good make plus good padded laptop/tablet pockets. I found one recommended on several sites, but it was expensive- over $600 at the Bay.
I saw on a travel forum that someone had got a Briggs and Riley case from Amazon at a cheap price as it was "used" but he said it seems almost perfect.
So I took a closer look at Amazon, sure enough, the bag I wanted was also on sale as "used" from Amazon warehouse- described as having minor cosmetic damage.
The bag was $300 new on Amazon, $103 used. I took a chance and bought the used one. Ordered Monday evening- arrived this am- Wednesday. Great for the middle of BC.
Even better, I ( and one of my co-workers) cannot find a single thing wrong with it- not even a tiny scuff- it drove her mad as she was determined to find something but nada!
So, in future I'll be looking at those used prices closely from now one, but only if from Amazon itself.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

CanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianSpruce has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Post seem to have massively improved in Calgary. Most things seem to come in a day or two compared to 8 to 10 working days last year. I couldn't believe it when I got a statement that had been printed the day before in Montreal and it came next day. Even the occasional UK mail seems to make it in a week now, where as before it sometimes took a month.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Teaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond reputeTeaandtoday5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teaandtoday5
My Canada Post lady is lovely. We live out of town so have our own mail box (why is it that Canada Post deliver mail, but the Royal Mail deliver post?) which may be why we get such great service, as compared to the anonymity of a communal mailbox?

Should have kept my mouth shut. Jinxed myself. Lovely Canada post lady leaving today.
Old Mar 22nd 2017, 5:54 pm

Ordered a small item online a week ago, of course the company has processed my payment, but they haven't done anything with the order, they certainly haven't given it to the shipping company. Apparently no one has any idea when it will arrive. Just another example of the shoddy and backward online experience in Canada. They should just give up bothering with the pretence.