Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Amazing no one died or was hurt

Amazing no one died or was hurt

Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amazing no one died or was hurt

A local Senior citizens retirement home went up in flames in the middle of the night. If not for two transiting Police Officers (on their way to a prisoner pickup) it would have been much worse. The fire alarms had not gone off and the Officers, seeing the blaze from the highway, made their way into the building, waking staff and kicking down doors to get residents out, sometimes carrying them. If those officers had not been there, with no alarms going off it is likely that there would have been many deaths. Average citizens driving past stopped and assisted as well. A total of 5 volunteer fire departments were ultimately on the scene to battle the blaze. All 56 residents were safely evacuated.

http://www.huntsvilleforester.com/Hu.../article/71790

An no Rushy aka OP...I didn't live there. ya bugger.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:49 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing no one died or was hurt

Ah, that's so sad. Wonder if they can find spaces for the residents close by in Parry Sound so they don't have to go too far away.

Reading that newspaper made me feel a little homesick. One of my fave places is the Muskokas in October. We used to go to the Bala cranberry festival every year.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing no one died or was hurt

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ah, that's so sad. Wonder if they can find spaces for the residents close by in Parry Sound so they don't have to go too far away.

Reading that newspaper made me feel a little homesick. One of my fave places is the Muskokas in October. We used to go to the Bala cranberry festival every year.
They are temporarily in some pretty nice quarters, but one does wonder where they will ultimately end up. Doubt the other homes here have enough room for them. Muskoka are beautiful, for sure. Just too damn much snow sometimes.