Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

NEXUS interviews 04/2022

NEXUS interviews 04/2022

Old Apr 5th 2022, 3:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default NEXUS interviews 04/2022

As per CBSA - nexus interviews are supposed to resume on 04/19 at US enrolment centres (but not Canadian ones ) and you can schedule in the TTP portal starting today (04/05) ... however it seems all the Nexus centres in any radius of the YYZ area in New York and Michigan have disappeared from being able to be booked, which seems quite odd. And the ones that are there - Champlain NY (YUL) and Blaine, WA (YVR) all say no appointments available.

What gives? Anyone else trying to book their nexus?
Old Apr 5th 2022, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEXUS interviews 04/2022

Update for those interested - they are releasing appts in batches and I snagged one in Niagara Falls NY for a couple weeks from now.
Old Apr 6th 2022, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Update for those interested - they are releasing appts in batches and I snagged one in Niagara Falls NY for a couple weeks from now.
So chicken wings, crap american beer and show up there half cut. How often do you need to go to the US for it to be worthwhile. If seems like a lot of faffing about just to jump a line that may not exist or am I missing something.

Old Apr 6th 2022, 1:58 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
So chicken wings, crap american beer and show up there half cut. How often do you need to go to the US for it to be worthwhile. If seems like a lot of faffing about just to jump a line that may not exist or am I missing something.
It wasn't effective for me when I was flying from Toronto into the US once or twice a week. The big line was always before security and, if you have an Amex card, you can bypass that. It might be different if you're driving or using another airport.

Old Apr 7th 2022, 3:49 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I stand by the effectiveness.

When I flew to the UK at Christmas Pearson was carnage. It easily saved me 30 minutes in the security line and that was 30 minutes better spent drinking Bourbon at the bar.

For $50 USD it's value.
Old Apr 7th 2022, 5:27 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

We had been thinking about getting nexus, based on the amount of time we spent in Buffalo, which was at least once a month, if not more frequently. One downside we did notice was that the time we would usually travel back to Canada would be after the nexus only lane at the Queenston Lewiston crossing had closed, thus somewhat negating the usefulness, which would be to avoid longer line-ups. We might revisit the idea once things have settled down a bit more, possibly later this year.
Old Apr 8th 2022, 3:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
It's not just for US. You can skip security and immigration line at Canadian airports, skip immigration line at US airports and preclearance locations, as well as skip the line when driving to the US at a land border.

Originally Posted by dbd33
It wasn't effective for me when I was flying from Toronto into the US once or twice a week. The big line was always before security and, if you have an Amex card, you can bypass that. It might be different if you're driving or using another airport.
Last time I flew YYZ to the US with a friend who didn't have nexus, we spent 2 hours in the line for US preclearance after security. I wish she had nexus so we could have used the global entry kiosks.

Originally Posted by JamesM
I stand by the effectiveness.

When I flew to the UK at Christmas Pearson was carnage. It easily saved me 30 minutes in the security line and that was 30 minutes better spent drinking Bourbon at the bar.

For $50 USD it's value.
+1. When travelling alone it has been invaluable even in non-US situations...immigration at Pearson can sometimes be a bear and nexus bypasses that line.

Originally Posted by sharkus
We had been thinking about getting nexus, based on the amount of time we spent in Buffalo, which was at least once a month, if not more frequently. One downside we did notice was that the time we would usually travel back to Canada would be after the nexus only lane at the Queenston Lewiston crossing had closed, thus somewhat negating the usefulness, which would be to avoid longer line-ups. We might revisit the idea once things have settled down a bit more, possibly later this year.
There is a nexus-only bridge called whirlpool bridge, maybe you could try that?
Old Apr 8th 2022, 3:57 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
There is a nexus-only bridge called whirlpool bridge, maybe you could try that?
Yup, am aware of whirlpool being nexus only. I don't think it is open 24 hours though, something like 7am - 11pm. Plus it's not the most convenient location to cross, and any time saving by being nexus only could outweigh the time and convenience using Q/L bridge.