Air Canada

Old Mar 29th 2018, 2:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Air Canada

This is going to be a bit of a rant thread... Why is air Canada so difficult?? Every time I fly with them I seem to have some sort of issue with the booking process. The latest being I can't check in online for a flight, and customer service telling me it's because I booked with a third party site and not directly through them. I've never had a problem booking through a third party and flying with Delta or Lufthansa or British Airways?

The last time I flew with them they couldn't seem to get my passport information correct, had to go to the desk at the gate and explain to them that yes i'm a dual citizen and yes I flew into Europe on an EU passport and i'm flying back on a Canadian one, because my Canadian passport wasn't enough for their "document verification" process. (They insisted that their system was requesting a Maltese passport with visa...I checked in for the flight with a Canadian passport so why they asked for that at the gate was beyond me.)

They have no Wi-Fi on their planes despite major European and US airlines having it and seem to have no plans to implement it and it seems they are just behind on everything and their online systems suck.

Grr.....and I always say i'll never fly them but then I end up booking another trip with them and stuff like this always happens...I wonder why.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 2:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Canada

https://aircanada.mediaroom.com/inde...03&item=137450

"Air Canada will begin installing Gogo® 2Ku satellite technology on its wide-body fleet commencing this fall with its Boeing 777 aircraft. "

This was 2 years ago.....crickets.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Grr.....and I always say i'll never fly them but then I end up booking another trip with them and stuff like this always happens...I wonder why.
So if you knew how bad they were then why did you book with them

Was it due to price, direct flight, flight times/connections or the fact that they have new uniforms?
Was the price the same on their website as the 3rd party website?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:15 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
...they have new uniforms?...
I understand there are magazines catering for such things.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:16 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer Air Canada over everybody else.

It's not so much that the Airline is anything special but when I return to the UK they offer the day flight and also the other terminals 2 and 3 at Pearson are a total mess.

You should be able to check in online though- you need to contact the customer service at the third party site as they technically own the seat.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I understand there are magazines catering for such things.
The new uniforms was more to do with this article

Air Canada flight staff graded on appearance, sexually harassed by management, union alleges | CBC News
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:36 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
I do not. I prefer Greyhound to Air Canada. However, we flew with them in February, and the plane was on time both ways, I'm going to say that's an improvement rather than a fluke. Their luggage equipment at the Toronto airport was broken down and their staff were elderly and officious but, tbh, after all these years, I'd think there something wrong if AC staff weren't bullying passengers.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:36 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Air Transat let you book in online if you book through someone else.

Why do you make such a big deal out of dual citizenship? I give my Cabadian passport details for the booking and show that passport to everyone except UK immigration. The airline wouldn't even know that I have dual citizenship.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
I give my Cabadian passport details for the booking and show that passport to everyone except UK immigration.
Ditto. The point, for me, of having two passports is to minimize hassle; that means showing everyone exactly what they're used to seeing. I even chew my customs form when I have free hands so as not to be different from the other passengers.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:43 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

It's not so much that the Airline is anything special but when I return to the UK they offer the day flight and also the other terminals 2 and 3 at Pearson are a total mess.

You should be able to check in online though- you need to contact the customer service at the third party site as they technically own the seat.
T2 at Pearson is such a mess it's difficult to even find it on the maps and signage
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dbd33
Ditto. The point, for me, of having two passports is to minimize hassle; that means showing everyone exactly what they're used to seeing. I even chew my customs form when I have free hands so as not to be different from the other passengers.
No need to fill it out if you use the kiosks
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...k-bip-eng.html
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputePaul_Shepherd has a reputation beyond repute

I like Air Canada too....tried them for the first time a couple of years ago, they were marginally more expensive than Air Transat, but as you say they offer day time flights, they fly into Heathrow rather than Gatwick (the most stupidest place for an airport ever) more leg room, free booze and on board entertainment facilites are much better.

Last edited by Paul_Shepherd; Mar 29th 2018 at 3:57 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I even chew my customs form when I have free hands so as not to be different from the other passengers.
Do they even have those now?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:53 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
No need to fill it out if you use the kiosks
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...k-bip-eng.html
The kiosk prints the form for you. It's not an automation but an additional step. Depending on the airline on which you arrived you may be holding the form from the plane and the one from the kiosk. You hand the form(s) to an officer who throws it, or them, into an overflowing bin of forms. I used to fulminate about the whole piss up brewery thing but now I just shake my head and move on; Canada has plenty of trees.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 3:54 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by withabix
Do they even have those now?
I haven't flown since February so maybe not but I expect so. Maybe there's a third form now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.