Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

$13.5 million at stake

$13.5 million at stake

Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default $13.5 million at stake

Question to all: Is he entitled to this sum?

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

montreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond reputemontreal mike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $13.5 million at stake

http://lotteries.loto-quebec.com/web...s=Y.US.80200.0

# Deadline for wagers: every Friday at 9:00 p.m.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

If it was your ticket and you put it on just before the deadline but the ticket machine said it was just after what would you do???

By lotto Quebec's own admission the delay is 10 to 12 seconds which still puts it before 9pm based on the ticket completing at 9pm and 7 seconds.

I hope he wins his battle!!!!!
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by deanjp32
If it was your ticket and you put it on just before the deadline but the ticket machine said it was just after what would you do???

By lotto Quebec's own admission the delay is 10 to 12 seconds which still puts it before 9pm based on the ticket completing at 9pm and 7 seconds.

So do I. It doesn't say the ticket must be printed before 21:00 hours. It says it must be purchased by that time.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

He started the 'transaction' in good faith - prior to the closing time - the money should be his. I'd argue (in this case) that it's not his fault that the 'transaction' took so long to complete.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ann m
He started the 'transaction' in good faith - prior to the closing time - the money should be his. I'd argue (in this case) that it's not his fault that the 'transaction' took so long to complete.
Yes but you are logical. But i do not think loto QC sees it that way. My guess is that they will change the rules so it doesn't happen again. They might insist the actual printing be completed before 21:00 hours and post proper warnings.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by montreal mike
Yes but you are logical. But i do not think loto QC sees it that way. My guess is that they will change the rules so it doesn't happen again. They might insist the actual printing be completed before 21:00 hours and post proper warnings.

I am sure they will but until then they should pay up and he should insist interest on that amount when he sues them. It's always the small man that suffers and that should not be the case. :curse:
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deanjp32

So do I!!!! The machine should have a bar on it to not allow tickets after the 9pm deadline..he bought a ticket for that night..HE SHOULD WIN!!!!! I do soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hope he does. The bloody systems stinks does it not????????????
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:06 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say as they were happy enough to accept his payment, then they should pay out. Surely the machine knows what time it is and has been programmed not to print after that time.

If his ticket isn't valid then give him his money back.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Oct 8th 2008 at 2:10 am.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

If I recall correctly, many many moons ago, on the European football betting (Portugal), Loto didn’t get the ‘cut off’ time right.

In the pre-internet era, people would simply call home, get the results of the matches, and then hurry over to bet on them having already known the outcome.

They were not stopped from betting. The machines allowed them.

Loto did not like it but had to pay up.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
I'd say as they were happy enough to accept his payment, then they should pay out. Surely the machine knows what time it is and has been programmed not to print after that time.

If his ticket isn't valid then give him his money back.
If its anything like BC the machine will still print tickets after the deadline, but for the next draw date.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
If its anything like BC the machine will still print tickets after the deadline, but for the next draw date.
which is plain dumb

there should be a freeze for a 15 minute period or something like it