Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

TCN applying for Single Permit Application from outside Malta

TCN applying for Single Permit Application from outside Malta

Old Apr 21st 2015, 5:50 am
Just Joined

adikziggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TCN applying for Single Permit Application from outside Malta

Hi, I'm new here, and I hope someone can help me understand certain things about the Single Permit Application.

I'm a British citizen currently living with my Turkish husband in Malaysia. He has recently got a job offer in Malta and is very keen to move to Malta asap. On the other hand, I can only join him 3 months later because I'm required to give 3 months notice to my employer. So, he has to move to Malta first.

Since he'll be going to Malta without me, as a TCN he has to apply under the Single Permit Application. From what I understand, he can apply from outside Malta. But I can't find much information about the procedure. Has anyone on this forum done this before?

if he's going to apply from within Malta, can he just enter Malta with a tourist visa and apply? the Information leaflet says that the TCN has to be legally residing in Malta. Does it mean he has to apply for an ordinary residence first?

Thanks!
Cam