Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Some help please and hello

Some help please and hello

Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

elephantstone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some help please and hello

I may have the chance of coming to Malta to work in the near future if things go to plan, but that is a very long story.

One concern I have is the need for a police conduct certificate. 33 years ago I did something very stupid, it was a very very minor offence but my employer decided that rather than me apologise and leave his employment he would rather see me in court. My case was dealt with at the local Magistrates Court and I got a fine.

As I said this was 33 years ago and I understand I can say now I have no criminal conviction as it is spent.

I have never been in any sort of trouble since, not even a parking ticket. My question is, would I have any problems getting the police conduct certificate?

Many thanks
Old Apr 4th 2016, 7:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some help please and hello

In which country was this offence committed? Is this a requirement for your visa or employment?
Old Apr 5th 2016, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

The police conduct certificate would likely be needed from the UK since I assume the crime was committed in the Uk. As far as I know that shouldn't be an issue but having never lived in the Uk I am not the best person to ask. In terms of coming to Malta you should be fine as long as it wasn't a felony you are an EU citizen with freedom of movement as long as you are on a British passport or other EU passport...
Old Apr 5th 2016, 3:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elephantstone
I may have the chance of coming to Malta to work in the near future if things go to plan, but that is a very long story.

One concern I have is the need for a police conduct certificate. 33 years ago I did something very stupid, it was a very very minor offence but my employer decided that rather than me apologise and leave his employment he would rather see me in court. My case was dealt with at the local Magistrates Court and I got a fine.

As I said this was 33 years ago and I understand I can say now I have no criminal conviction as it is spent.

I have never been in any sort of trouble since, not even a parking ticket. My question is, would I have any problems getting the police conduct certificate?

Many thanks
If you are British or EU citizen you can come to live/work in Malta without this. If, as brit in paris asks, proof of a clean record is needed by your employer, then what you are referring to is a Subject Access Request from your local police area which shows what is held on the police national database about you. Police certificates are only issued for those emigrating to countries such as Australia and certain other countries, but not Malta. You can apply and find out if this is still mentioned on it.
https://www.acro.police.uk/subject_access.aspx