Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

moving to malta, worried what the future holds

moving to malta, worried what the future holds

Old Jan 26th 2008, 1:19 pm
chama98

Smile moving to malta, worried what the future holds

I am moving to malta this summer, but I am a little worried and nervous that I will be homesick and that things will work out well.

we have our house already and we spend about 3 weeks, a month over there to live, I always hate coming back to the UK (mainly due to flying and having a great time as well). Now things have changed and we have decided to relocate for good to Malta, this is due to the flights as I hate flying and the commute gets very boring and tedious.

My concern is that when we get there and after 3 weeks of living there is there a possibility of getting homesick, I will miss my family and friends very much and am concerned about job prospects.

I guess I just need reasuring, and I was wondering if I am not the only one who has these feelings, when they relocated.

Old Jan 26th 2008, 9:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to malta, worried what the future holds

Originally Posted by chama98
I am moving to malta this summer, but I am a little worried and nervous that I will be homesick and that things will work out well.

we have our house already and we spend about 3 weeks, a month over there to live, I always hate coming back to the UK (mainly due to flying and having a great time as well). Now things have changed and we have decided to relocate for good to Malta, this is due to the flights as I hate flying and the commute gets very boring and tedious.

My concern is that when we get there and after 3 weeks of living there is there a possibility of getting homesick, I will miss my family and friends very much and am concerned about job prospects.

I guess I just need reasuring, and I was wondering if I am not the only one who has these feelings, when they relocated.

Well what can I tell you.

You will get homesick, very probably. But I doubt it will be three weeks. More like 12 months.

I found there was a honeymoon period when it was all new and exciting, and then I realised that there was a lot to do, and this took my mind up for a while.

But whatever you do eventually your thoughts may well turn to home especially if you have family.

Its easier for us because we can be home in 2 hours, but if you dont fly I guess its more difficult.

Having said that you'll be living on a beautiful island, and the Maltese are very friendly so I'm sure you'll make new friends. Many have done it with the same concerns

Good luck

P.S .... Stayed at the Melhia Bay Hotel on holiday there, more or less the first foreign holiday I ever had and really enjoyed it
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:59 am
chama98

Default Re: moving to malta, worried what the future holds

thanks for the message.

after too much pressure I have decided to quit my realtionship, with my partner, so she is going alone, as she wanted to in the 1st place.

I have decided to concerntrate on my career. and moving abroad is too much,