Reload this Page >

Malta healthcare

Malta healthcare

Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

165721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Malta healthcare

Hi,

I understand as a registered long term resident in Malta one gets free healthcare.

How does one register, and what proof do they need. My partner will give birth about 4 months after arriving...

Thanks,

Jack
Old Aug 31st 2011, 4:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Malta healthcare

Originally Posted by 165721
Hi,

I understand as a registered long term resident in Malta one gets free healthcare.

How does one register, and what proof do they need. My partner will give birth about 4 months after arriving...

Thanks,

Jack
From what I know, you dont need to be a long term resident there ... as a EU citizen you are entitled to free healthcare, although prescriptions have to be paid for

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will be along to offer more help
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Malta healthcare

Hi, not so long back there was a reciprical agreement with U/K passport holders for free healthcare and as far as i know it still stands for the first three weeks of a holiday, it is also the case for retired people and their dependants who transfer their certificates, if you are to be working full time you and your dependants are covered through the usual contributions, if not you may need to get insurance cover, also be aware that childrens medication is charged for in Malta, you may find all the info you need on their healthcare website, www.sahha.gov.mt also this site may be of interest google nhs choices, country by country, accesing healthcare in Malta. Good luck.

Last edited by maltaman; Aug 31st 2011 at 8:03 pm. Reason: typo