Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Green Light for Malta

Green Light for Malta

Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Sipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Green Light for Malta

Originally Posted by MVS
Hi there,

I moved here in sept last year, I can recommend Mosta as a nice quiet place to live although it's not by the sea.

Good luck.
Hi MVS,

Many thanks for the heads up, I'm hope to get to Malta in May/June for a 10 day recce and will certainly add Mosta to my list.

Regards

Ken
Old Mar 27th 2012, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

madliena is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say that Madliena is a very quiet place to live. Want to buy a property in Madliena or know of anyone that does let me know as I have my home up for sale.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Gessika is an unknown quantity at this point

Diesel/petrol prices here are subject to change (get higher) every other month so do make sure you are updated. I suggest Safi as a nice place to live, its next to Zurrieq. I personally wouldn't bother choosing a spot because its close to something of your interest since everywhere here is quite close to everywhere else lol. Rather i would choose a quiet place since you'll be doing most of your sleeping there. You can travel too anywhere else fairly quick. But that's just me. Good luck
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Sipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gessika
Diesel/petrol prices here are subject to change (get higher) every other month so do make sure you are updated. I suggest Safi as a nice place to live, its next to Zurrieq. I personally wouldn't bother choosing a spot because its close to something of your interest since everywhere here is quite close to everywhere else lol. Rather i would choose a quiet place since you'll be doing most of your sleeping there. You can travel too anywhere else fairly quick. But that's just me. Good luck
Hi Gessika,

Many thanks for the info, I read that there was a fuel increase today 6c of petrol and 3c on diesel. Like you say everything is quite close so it may be I use the bus and the car now and again.

Regards..

Ken
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sipsoo Dragon
Hi Gessika,

Many thanks for the info, I read that there was a fuel increase today 6c of petrol and 3c on diesel. Like you say everything is quite close so it may be I use the bus and the car now and again.

Regards..

Ken
Hi Gessika,

Just had a look at google maps with respect to Safi, is it not a bit close to the airport??

Regards
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Gessika is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it's close but its not noisy at all. And there are no hotels there so its not touristy
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold

I'll second that, Safi is a very good option, nice, spacey, quiet and clean, not too busy with traffic either a big plus in Malta.
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Just wanted to update everyone who has contributed to my thread.

Just came back from a week in Malta and I fell in love with the place within the first two hours, the friendliness of people was second to none and nothing is too much bother for them.

If anyone is thinking about relocating there I would say go for it.

Me and my wife are making final plans to move there and we can't wait.

Thanks for everyone's input your information has been invaluable to us.

Kind regards

Ken